Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,280,838 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Woof Woof!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Jun 19 2006, 10:33 PM
    Woof Woof!!!

[snapback]32340[/snapback]

"That's my other Dog imitation." :lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Stayed up late last night to watch Steve McQueen in: "Bullitt." Man-o-man I had forgotten how much I liked that movie. Robert Vaughn, Simon Oakland, Vic Tayback, George Stanford Brown and Ed Peck; were all great in that film. Honorable mention goes to Justin Tarr of "Rat Patrol" fame.

• We went and saw cars yesterday, the animation was outstanding. We all really enjoyed it.

We also rented hoodwinked, another VERY funny animated movie.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• I watched "The Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamps Adventure" with my kids this morning. Tonight we will be watching "Eight Below". Kind of a Disney weekend at home this weekend.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Was kinda bored last night so I watched: "Behind Enemy Lines" w/ Gene Hackman and Owen Wilson, again last night. This is one of the VERY few newer movies I really like. :rolleyes:

• I broke down last night and watched "Troy." Fairly good actioner with lots of special effects and grandeur photography. I though Eric Bana did a lot better with his character than did Brad Pitt. Though Peter O'Toole didn't have that many scenes, he still commanded attention in those he was in. Of course, history was pretty well mauled by the storyline, but the purpose here was entertainment rather than historical accuracy
    "The Alamo" was nowhere near historically correct either, but JW was looking to the overall view with the primary thought of entertainment.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I pulled out my DVD of "The High and the Mighty" - thought I'd watch it with the commentary activated. Only got through half of it and will finish tonight, but the information provided nuggets of gold scattered thoughout.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Went to the movies tonight and found a gem in the new Superman movie. Good action, good story, and a great tribute to the legacy of the character. Kevin Spacey was terrific.
    Bo

Originally posted by bopoppa@Jun 30 2006, 02:45 AM
    Went to the movies tonight and found a gem in the new Superman movie. Good action, good story, and a great tribute to the legacy of the character. Kevin Spacey was terrific.
    Bo

[snapback]32570[/snapback]

I too want to see this movie but, there is one thing I am angry about that is NOT included in his movie (ala) the airhead writers of today.

The writers of this movie Purposfully left out part of what Superman is about. You know the phrase: " Truth, Justice and the American Way,"
    well, the morons who wrote this movie purposedly left out the words: " The American Way" and that rips me raw. These writers are forcing THEIR political correct opinions :rolleyes::angry: on us by NOT having those words in that saying. :angry:

What these PC wierdo's are doing is changing something important about an American invented character - that has been around since June of what? 1938, and like it or not, IS an American icon as is Batman.

Superman went around saving people and solving crimes and such here in the USA as is where his base of operations is; NYC to be exact. Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster both must be turning over in their graves at this.

• Sorry for the rant above and back to the topic.

Last night I watched: Decision Before Dawn.

Tonight it will be: The Dirty Dozen, the Next Mission.

Tomorrow night it will be: The Final Countdown.

• Ringo Kid, no apologies necessary for stating the truth. I noticed that as well, but since I've thrown a couple of rants on this site as well, I didn't want everyone here thinking I was pissed at the world. Superman is an easy target for changing and molding to whatever Hollywood agenda is currently supporting. Look what has happened to Christian values and symbols country wide. Problem is our kids these days follow this tripe like it IS the gospel. Just be lucky that Superman wasn't wearing a pink tutu and burning an American flag like I see here in Portland every other month. Yes, I do have to stand security in some situations for the anti-bush rallies, anti-war rallies, gay rallies, and just about any rally you could conceive of. The best part of these of course is the eventual burning of the flag. No matter what the event, it happens. Of course the people are always masked, but it happens nontheless. I could go on and on about this, but I'm going to chill and enjoy this site for what it is, a great place to talk with good people about one hell of an AMERICAN icon.
    Bo

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jul 3 2006, 02:19 PM
    Just an observation - if I'm not mistaken, aren't nearly all the superheros American? ^^

[snapback]32642[/snapback]

Hmmmm, not quite sure about that one. I would guess that the majority of them are, but I was talking about the Duke with that last sentence. He most difinitely is American. Thanks
    Bo :yeaahh::yeaahh:

• Ringo, I've watched "He Walked By Night." (Actually, I own the DVD released by MGM - the best DVD release of this movie by far.)

Very good movie- great cinematography by John Alton. Anthony Mann also worked on it uncredited.