Last Non Western You Watched

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 8,449 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by pawpaw.

• It was 25 years ago this week (June 12) that the world was first introduced to the intrepid "Dr. Jones" . I remember seeing it on opening day and being totally blown away. To this day I still love this movie. so to celebrate I, of course spent the day watching

"Raiders Of The Lost Ark"
      They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town
    • Hello All
      Picked up a copy of Backdraft. I think the bedroom scene with Kurt Russel and his 'separated wife' aside this is a movie a family could enjoy. Not to be a prude I just think it's not necessary to take the movie into their bedroom. Some interesting special effects.
      Greetings from North of the 49th
    • Hi all,

PAY BACK, with Mel Gibson, I don't know if many
      of you have seen this one, but Mel is in great form
      as a guy called Porter, who is double-crossed by his
      girlfriend and his partner after a robbery. He then sets
      out to get his cut back, A great movie.

Emmanuel.
      Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.
    • Originally posted by Emmanuel@Jun 17 2006, 07:05 AM
      Hi all,

PAY BACK, with Mel Gibson, I don't know if many
      of you have seen this one, but Mel is in great form
      as a guy called Porter, who is double-crossed by his
      girlfriend and his partner after a robbery. He then sets
      out to get his cut back, A great movie.

Emmanuel.
      [snapback]32280[/snapback]

I liked it Emmanuel

I watched "Zathura" with my kids last night. If you are not familar with it it is from the same people who made "Jumanji" that had Robin Williams in it. It was a decent movie.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne
    • Originally posted by bopoppa@Jun 14 2006, 03:57 PM
      Had a few days off with the kid and took her to see "Cars"  Great movie for everyone.  Had to see X-men 3 and it was worth it.  Trailer for Ghost Rider looked terrific.  And even though its a western and off the topic a bit, its worth noting that "The Sacketts" finally made it to DVD and I couldnt help myself.
      [snapback]32202[/snapback]

bopoppa,

We see you are a recent addition to the ranks here at the John Wayne Message Board, so would like to take this opportunity to welcome you!

The Mrs. took our two younger kids to see Cars the other night, and they all loved it! She said she would even pay to see it at the theater again (not too many movies she says that about!). She said it was very well done, and you don't have to be a kid to see it. You will really enjoy the "scenery" of Ornament Valley!

As far as other non-westerns, we have been watching the second season of The Rockford Files, and the kids gave me An American Icon: John Wayne DVD set for Father's Day, so we watched Seven Sinners this afternoon. I had not seen it before and thought it was quite good.

I guess that about covers the waterfront . . . . Again, bopoppa, WELCOME!

Chester :newyear: (along with the Mrs. :angel1:)
    • Watched the always endurable funny and GREAT war classic: "Kelly's Heroes" this morning. :D Donald Sutherland completely steals this movie. :lol: :lol:

Big Joe: "What's this?"

Oddball: "Aw man, i'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays you know." :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jun 19 2006, 03:06 PM
      Watched the always endurable funny and GREAT war classic: "Kelly's Heroes" this morning.  :D  Donald Sutherland completely steals this movie.  :lol:  :lol:

Big Joe: "What's this?"

Oddball: "Aw man, i'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays you know."  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
      [snapback]32325[/snapback]

Woof Woof!!!
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne
    • Stayed up late last night to watch Steve McQueen in: "Bullitt." Man-o-man I had forgotten how much I liked that movie. Robert Vaughn, Simon Oakland, Vic Tayback, George Stanford Brown and Ed Peck; were all great in that film. Honorable mention goes to Justin Tarr of "Rat Patrol" fame.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..