Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,341,494 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Dirty Dozen w/ Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, Ernest Borgnine, George Kennedy, John Cassevettes, Telly Savalas, Richard Jaeckel and Robert Ryan.

I NEVER tire of that fine film as well. :rolleyes::):D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi

I watched Rommel Desert Fox last night with James Mason playing Rommel.

It was directed by Henry Hathaway and also had in the cast Richard boone, Sir cedric Hardwicke and George Macready. In the supporting cast were American actors that you would normally see playing cavalry troopers, certainly I recognised the blonde soldier from the TV series Boots and Saddles of the fifties, and another famous supporting player featured as Doolittles mate in My Fair Lady.

It is a fact that when these films were made in black and white so quickly after the ending of the Second World War how much action footage could be used. If you added it up probably threequarters of the film was taken up with original action footage.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Recently, Deep Discount DVD had a boxed-set sale where you could get two boxed sets for the price of one. I ordered seasons 1 & 2 of the 86-87 TV series "Crime Story", which I really enjoyed when it first appeared on television. The two sets have a total of 44 episodes, which represent all the shows that were televised before the series was cancelled.

Starred Dennis Farina as a Chicago cop and Anthony Denison as the mobster he was trying to bring down.

I've spent the past 2 or 3 days watching those episodes. One of the things I liked most about "Crime Story" is that every episode had several songs from old-time rock-and-roll, rhythm and blues, etc. Brought back memories.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• During the holiday weekend, I watched several movies including the great Cagney & Bogart classic: " Angels With Dirty Faces" and a "new classic" just released into the theaters called: "Beer Fest." This movie has in it folks like: Donald Sutherland, Jurgen Prochnow and Cloris Leachman. If you want something funny to see, this is it. :D Even though I don't drink Beer. I drink Rootbeer and did enjoy this movie. :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• We watched Poseidon(remake) and The Sentinel. Both were good movies, in fact I was pleasently surprised at how good The Sentinel was as I didn't hear much on that movie.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We rented and watched Akeelah and the Bee, about an 11 year-old girl from south Los Angeles who worked hard to compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee. It was a real good movie!

Before that, we were on a little bit of a Cary Grant binge - bought a boxed set at Costco - so we watched The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer (a real family favorite, with Shirley Temple), Destination Tokyo, and My Favorite Wife.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Watched "The Last Boy Scout" with Bruce Willis. Wish he would have made a few qwesterns but I don't think they suit his acting style.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Sep 16 2006, 11:19 PM
    Some of last night and this morning: The Hurricane Express! :D

[snapback]34521[/snapback]

Hi Carl,
    All 12 epizodes? What is your impression about this?
    I watched The High and the Mighty with all documentaries.
    Regards,
    Vera