Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,329,909 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Back to the future III I watched the other 2 over Christmas.

Believe it or not I'd never seen this one and it was shot in Monument Valley, shame on me!

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Harryhausen's "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" last night with six and three year old grand kids. After balking a bit at my selection, they both settled in wide-eyed and couldn't help but pepper us with questions about what would happen next.
    They were so absorbed in the film that they didn't realize it was over until the good guys sailed into the sunset.
    Great to share an experience like that. Never mind Transformers, Batman, Avengers, Hulk and CGI.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Harryhausen's "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" last night with six and three year old grand kids. After balking a bit at my selection, they both settled in wide-eyed and couldn't help but pepper us with questions about what would happen next.
    They were so absorbed in the film that they didn't realize it was over until the good guys sailed into the sunset.
    Great to share an experience like that. Never mind Transformers, Batman, Avengers, Hulk and CGI.

We deal in lead, friend.

Good on you Gorch!

The reality is a good yarn is a good yarn. There's a reason these stories have endured for so, so long!

• I love this under-rated Clint film, at this point in his career he could do no wrong!

I always felt this should have been so much better. It, for me, was standard by-the-numbers Eastwood film, overacted and mis-cast. Ok as a basic actioner, but a lost opportunity.

• I always felt this should have been so much better. It, for me, was standard by-the-numbers Eastwood film, overacted and mis-cast. Ok as a basic actioner, but a lost opportunity.

I have to agree in some parts with what you've said but there is something about it I love.
    For me it's the era, Sondra Locke, it's directed by Clint himself and he was in full flow having just directed Josey Wales.

• The Gauntlet

I have to agree in some parts with what you've said but there is something about it I love.
    For me it's the era, Sondra Locke, it's directed by Clint himself and he was in full flow having just directed Josey Wales.

I also enjoyed the movie, but I thought the action parts were totally over the top
    to the point of absurdity.
    Did they really have to fire so many rounds of bullets
    that the house collapsed??
    They did the same to the constables car,
    and I don't believe it blew up!!

Yes, it was a great idea but Clint could have done better!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Agreed on all counts... but that doesn't stop me loving it! Some films I enjoy regardless of their shortcomings. :wink_smile:

• For the first time and I FINALLY got around to watching it: Night At The Museum. w/ Bin Stiller, Robin Williams, Mickey Rooney, Dick van Dyke & Owen Wilson. It was pretty darn good and ill watch it again.

DvD:

WOT a load of characters:

Benny and Pres Roosevelt (aka) Robin Williams:

Slapping the Monkey :-))

Walk Like an Egyptian:

One of his Three Stooges moments:

Sakagweah and King Tut:

Hangin wit da boyz:

This still was not in the version of my movie but--apparently he was hangin out wit General Custer:

About to be "done in" by a toy train by Cowboy Owen Wilson:

Getting directions from Columbus:

The modern version of: The Three Stooges: Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..