Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,344,352 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Expendables 2" (2012)
    -Stallone,Schwarzenegger,Norris,Statham,Van Damme,Willis

Plot:IMDB
    Mr. Church reunites the Expendables for what should be an easy paycheck, but when one of their men is murdered on the job, their quest for revenge puts them deep in enemy territory and up against an unexpected threat.

Phantom's Review: Ultra violent,mindless,gory and almost totally plotless.....I LOVED IT!
    Let's face it, you don't see an "Expendables" movie for it's scintillating dialogue and award winning acting, you wanna see them blow shit up! And that's what you get.
    This movie delivers exactly what it promises. ACTION! and plenty of self deprecating humor. A complete and total popcorn movie.
    A total blast.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I also just saw Expendables 2 on the movie network. Enjoyed it - and the first one - very much. Filming on the third installment is supposed to begin in Los Angeles next month.

• One For The Money 2012, Unemployed and newly-divorced Stephanie Plum lands a job at her cousin's bail-bond business, where her first assignment puts her on the trail of a wanted local cop from her romantic past. Starring Katherine Heigl, Jason O'Mara, Daniel Sunjata and Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur, I first listened to this on an audiobook.

• Two nights ago, watched Zero Dark Thirty. About the hunting and eventual killing of Osama Bin Laden. Pretty good movie, little bit long, but it was worth it for the last half hour, when the Seals accomplish their mission.

• "Army Of Darkness" (1993)
    -Bruce Campbell

Plot: IMDB
    A man is accidentally transported to 1300 A.D., where he must battle an army of the dead and retrieve the Necronomicon

Phantom's Review:Third film in the "Evil Dead" franchise and Probably my favorite horror comedy(Along with "Ghostbusters and "Young Frankenstein"). Goofy as hell, but with a few good BOO! scenes. Bruce Campbell is perfect as the arrogant, but clues less Ash.Fun, cheesy special FX and a good story. This film is a blast if you can put your tongue firmly in cheek.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town