Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,332,399 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Been watching "Rawhide" every morning since I'm off work and up doing paperwork.
    That and " Dead or Alive " . Have a pet bird that sings along with the theme music.
    Guess we're both becoming regulars at watching.

• Watched The Tomorrow War on Amazon Prime. A very good time travel sci fi film. The battle scenes are top notch and the Aliens are horrifying!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• It's a good film...not truly great but definitely worth the watch. Duke was ahead of the curve with aerial "disaster" films with this movie and especially "The High and the Mighty"...all well before the "Airport" movies much later.

"It was me...I shot Liberty Valance."

• OMB, thanks for the comment. The movie from what I've read was in the vault for many years and with Duke plus the star studded cast it's absolutely a prize for my collection. As for being a truly great movie I'll leave that up the the eyes of the beholder. I thoroughly loved it and got to see a whole new side of John Wayne with his talent and acting abilities. To any fans of Duke I'd recommend it with a thumbs up attached!

• I enjoyed Island in the Sky. I don't consider it a great film, but it was good and kept me interested.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• "Island in the Sky", "The High and the Mighty" and "McClintock" (and maybe others)...went unseen for years due to conflicting ownership of rights claims that took some time for things to be legally worked out. They were all released once all parties involved were satisfied...whether happily or otherwise. I remember when "McClintock" was released there were two versions made available...an authorized and restored version and a lesser cost version allowed by the court decision to a second party but lesser quality print.

"It was me...I shot Liberty Valance."

• The Sissi Trilogy, 1950's German films about empress Elisabeth of Austria. Pure kitsch and absolutely not what her life was like at all but those films are pure escape-ism. They will be shown next year around Christmas time and I will watch again like I have done every year since I saw them the first time when I was 8 years old.

• I like both those movies ZS_Maverick

BTW, I think MichaelHarrison is a troll. Filling the site with negative posts that really have nothing to do with the subject. I guess he hasn't read the Community standards page which addresses this behavior.

Community Standards & Policies - The John Wayne Message Board (JWMB)

Trolling: Posting controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Official Post

They don't show his films much now due to his illegal activities.

These are the kind of tidbits you throw out when any discussions are brought up about actors on this forum. I don't understand your need to disparage people all the time. I vaguely remembered what "illegal activities" you were referring to. I had to look it up again. But to say that is what keeps his films off TV of late holds no merit. He can often be found on movie channels. You just need to look.

This has been a great forum for many years, MishaelHarrison. Many fans have came through here to relive memories or share their love of Duke and others, knowing they are among friends. You seem to want tear down any admiration we have for actors of old by your negative asperations. I don't understand your need to do this, but you will find no one here who agrees with you. All are welcome here, unless they wear out that welcome. If you found this site to share your love of Duke and others, than how about posting more positive things. You will find they are more appreciated.

Mark

• These are the kind of tidbits you throw out when any discussions are brought up about actors on this forum. I don't understand your need to disparage people all the time. I vaguely remembered what "illegal activities" you were referring to. I had to look it up again. But to say that is what keeps his films off TV of late holds no merit. He can often be found on movie channels. You just need to look.

This has been a great forum for many years, MishaelHarrison. Many fans have came through here to relive memories or share their love of Duke and others, knowing they are among friends. You seem to want tear down any admiration we have for actors of old by your negative asperations. I don't understand your need to do this, but you will find no one here who agrees with you. All are welcome here, unless they wear out that welcome. If you found this site to share your love of Duke and others, than how about posting more positive things. You will find they are more appreciated.

Mark

Errol Flynn would have been prosecuted today.