Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,344,413 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched: Battle of the Bulge w/ Henry Fonda, Telly Savalas, Chas Bronson & Ty Hardin -- last night. After that I watched Wake Island w/ Brian Donlevy and Robert Preston.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The original "Rocky" - Stallone's big break. Was better than I expected (I had not seen it before) - the focus wasn't so much on boxing (though this was the setting for the story) as it was on characterization and growth.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• The original "Rocky" - Stallone's big break. Was better than I expected (I had not seen it before) - the focus wasn't so much on boxing (though this was the setting for the story) as it was on characterization and growth.

Jay, sequels 2, 3 and 4 aren't all that bad. I'm kinda anxious to see the latest Rocky.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• We've spent quite a bit of time the past couple of days watching DVD documentaries about alternative cancer therapies -

Hoxsey - How Healing Became a Crime

Max Gerson - Dying to Have Known

Pretty interesting stuff, plenty of food for thought. Both of these therapies seem to have at least a 50% survival rate, versus 20% for conventional therapy, and utilize herbal and dietary programs.

I don't think I'm ready to give up Duke's Chili just yet, but I might have it with a big glass of carrot juice and Sauza Comemorativo tequila :beer_yum:.

Chester :newyear:

• Battle of Midway, could have been better, but not bad!

Hi Keith, fully agree with you about that movie. Also, I hated seeing Charlton Heston's character get killed off at the end of the movie.

Tonight I will finish watching The Running Man and I will try to watch Will Farrell in: Anchorman - which I just bought today.

• I watched "The Departed" and let me give a friendly warning to this much hyped Oscar contender. I have never seen a movie with as much foul language and violence EVER!:ohwell: The story line is decent, however good luck getting past the "realism" that was put in to the story. Mark Wahlberg's character has a string of cussing that I haven't heard and I literally live around sailors. I don't recommend it, watch at your own disgust.
    Bo

p.s. Sands of Iwo Jima was good, not as asthetically pleasing as Flags, but still a good movie. After watching an interview with Clint Eastwood on Fox, a lot of politically questions were put to rest and it was easier to enjoy.

• The Enforcer, Clint as Harry again, I enjoyed the film,
    not just because it's a Clint movie, but also because
    it was shot around famous landmarks of SF,
    Alcatraz, Fireman's Tower e.tc.,
    re kindling fond memories of my stay there!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• First post did not post.

I TRIED to watch something called: SS Doomstrooper, but failed to complete it. It was THAT dumb.

Tonight I will be watching Will Farrell in: Anchorman. At least I know that one is a good one ;-D

• Talk about your dumb movies - I watched a totally disjointed thing called "Undead," an Aussie "horror" film with trappings of sci-fi. Zombies on the loose again, very laughably:laugh: . This is the kind of film to watch with friends and constantly hoot and holler with comments and derision:gossip: .

"Not hardly!!!"

• Under Siege, Predicatble but I like this, because I've been on the Mighty Mo,
    and this was filmed on the Alabama, oh well!!!

I thought that for a Segal movie, "Under Siege" wasn't bad. I've seen much worse "action" movies. Of course, Tommy Lee Jones was a little over the top. :stunned:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Just finished watching "The Last Samurai" While I am not a huge Tom Cruise fan, I enjoyed this movie allot and now after seeing it twice. I can easily watching it again and again. It a easy purchase.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Keith

I can also live with under siege as its the only decent movie Segal has made. I have also lost a lot of respect for him (well the little respect I did have for him) when he appeared on the gutter trash programme called 'The Friday night project'.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie