Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,330,022 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• My favorite Stanley Baker role (probably yours as well) was Leftenant John Chard in "Zulu".

I would agree with that. He also was a good villain in a Zorro flick in the mid-seventies (Alain Delon played Zorro). A shame he died so young (49 years old). A good actor!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• I watched The Return of Maxwell Smart. I never got the chance to watch the Get Smart series, so I don't know how this movie stacked up.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• "Clash of the Titans," one of the mythological pictures that Ray Harryhausen did (actually his last one). With the modern technology in movies today, Harryhausen's stop-action photography may seem old-fashioned to some, but I love all the ones he did with Charles H. Schneer.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Am now watching Clint Eastwood and George Kennedy in: The Eiger Sanction. Really is a nice film.

After this, dunno whats on the viewing schedule. Probably Deal or No Deal or Hannity and Combs.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi all,

After watching football last night,
    I flicked channels and came across
    Ghostbusters2. My youngest son
    and I enjoyed watching it for the
    first time in years.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• I got home late and found nothing interesting on so, I watched: Legionnaire w/ Jean-Claude van Damme. This is one of his better movies and really is a good movie.

• Watched "Everybody's Hero" with the family. Its a animated kids movie about a kid trying to get Babe Ruth's bat back to him during the World Series. Fun litle movie for the kids.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Viper. I forgot about that movie. We took our kids to the theater to see it. I think Christopher and Dana Reeve made it before they passed on.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Saw: Battle of the Bulge w/ Henry Fonda, Telly Savalas, Robert Ryan, Robert Shaw, Werner Peters, Karl-Otto Alberty, Charles Bronson, George Montgomery, Dana Andrews, Ty Hardin, Pier Angeli and Hans-Christian Blech.

All in all, a very good film to watch having many of my favorite actors in it.

• Watched "Goldeneye" and the "Children of Men". You guys all probably know the Bond flick but the "Children of Men" was just odd and alittle disturbing.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I've been watching the 4th season of "Miami Vice" (one of my favorite cop shows) and last night there was a rather silly episode entitled "The Cows of October", which concerned the efforts of a western-type con man trying to sell [nonexistent] registered bull semen to various people for huge amounts of money. Don't know how many of you are familiar with the characters on "Vice" but one of them was a recurring regular named Izzy Moreno, a sniveling and very greedy police informant. Naturally Izzy was trying to help the con man cheat people out of their money, in hopes he could get a piece of the action.

Some features of "Vice" that made it stand out during its' 5-year run during the Eighties was how "cool" everybody was (at least most folks on the show), and the music, which was mostly soft rock. But in last night's show, everybody was dressed in western wear (except Don Johnson, aka vice cop Sonny Burnett), and during one segment of the show when Izzy was trying to impress the con man by riding a mechanical bull, they played "Settle Down", Dimitri Tiompkin's theme from "Red River".

Talk about a change of pace, that show was it. Kinda humorous, but kinda silly too.

De gustibus non est disputandum