Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,335,825 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Black Book This was a really good movie. If you like WWII movies from the resistance in Europe, and some of the fights they were dealing with the Nazis, then this movie is for you. It does have subtitles. The story line is from true events of the time. And it is rated R due to nudity, and the violence.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I watched Hairspray on DVD (rented). It was a pretty good movie if you like musicals. It was not tacky, but they of course tried to send a message in racial proportions. What's new there?

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "Pure Country" starring George Strait
    Wasn't the greatest film, but still good, George is great in it:)

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• breaker morant a good movie espically the line "rule 303" sad ending but an enjoyable movie. also watched john wayne anthology interesting but some of the facts where a little wrong awe well still something about our favourite movie actor.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The last of anything I watched was: The Road To Perdition w/ Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, Jude Law, Daniel Craig and Jennifer Jason Leigh (aka: Vic Morrow's rebellious daughter). I last watched it at the theaters-liked it then and now like it much more. They all did a fantastic job of acting in it.

Jude Law made for a perfect a$$****. Im not a huge Paul Newman fan but, I thought he was brilliant in this movie. This movie IMO is a 10 of 10 w/ 10 being the highest.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Something called "Mystery Men," a really goofy movie with a few actors I don't really care for, but rather fun to watch nonetheless. About a group of wannabe superheros (whose abilities are less than noteworthy) who try to save the day when the regular superhero falls into the clutches of the villain.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• "Cloverfield"

I loved it. Great movie, great monster. I only wish that the American "Godzilla" film had been this good. Lots of suspense and action, and I actually cared a bit for the characters even though I knew very little about them. I liked them.
    Over all it was a class act in the giant monster genre.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• We Were Soldiers with Mel Gibson. A really great movie. One that gives me chills when I see it. I can't watch it everyday, but every once in a while. Just that kind of movie.

- John Wayne quote

• THE GALLANT HOURS. with james cagney as admiral bull halsey. this film was done documentary style. with lots of narration. very well low key performance by cagney.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Hi Bill, I too "spent the evening with James Cagney" and started it off with: The Fighting 69th which also had Pat O'Brien and Alan Hale Sr. For my first time, I finally cought all of The Gallant Hours and thought it was very tastefully done--especially Cagneys faultless acting. I also watched him, Alan Hale Sr and George Tobias in: Captains of the Clouds-which I thought was very entertaiing. I ended the evening with Cagney when I watched I think it was: "Tell it to the Marines?" or something like that? Anyway, I was too tired to stay up and watch another Cagney film-though I wanted nothing more than to do so.

In case you good folks aint figured it out about me yet--James Cagney is also one of my all-time most favorites and would easily be in the same group as Duke is in.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Anyone here a James Bond fan? I got on a real kick and have watched all twenty one movies since christmas. I just finished them all tonight, with the very first movie Dr. No. I think Roger Moore is my favourite bond, but I like all of them!

[SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]