Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,329,977 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Last night I watched a film titled "The Scarlet and the Black", which was a TV movie starring Gregory Peck as a Vatican priest on the Pope's staff who was hiding and protecting escaped POWs and Jews from the Nazis in occupied Rome during WW2. Christopher Plummer played an SS colonel in charge of securing the city and capturing escaped POWs and any Italian guerillas who threatened Nazi control. Both were excellent in their respective roles.

Also, Sir John Gielgud turned in a great performance as the Pope, who was trying to walk a very thin line between Vatican sovereignty and a German takeover. Suppposedly based on true events. Excellent movie and highly recommended.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Last night I watched a film titled "The Scarlet and the Black", which was a TV movie starring Gregory Peck as a Vatican priest on the Pope's staff who was hiding and protecting escaped POWs and Jews from the Nazis in occupied Rome during WW2. Christopher Plummer played an SS colonel in charge of securing the city and capturing escaped POWs and any Italian guerillas who threatened Nazi control. Both were excellent in their respective roles.

Also, Sir John Gielgud turned in a great performance as the Pope, who was trying to walk a very thin line between Vatican sovereignty and a German takeover. Suppposedly based on true events. Excellent movie and highly recommended.

My dad has that film and yes it is an excellent movie!

• The last non-W I saw was Harald and Kumar Escape From Gitmo. Not as funny as the first pic and they emphasized more than too much on smoking Mary-Janes.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi

Two back to back movies The Diamond Queen with Fernando Lamas and Gilbert Roland and the D Day the 6th of June with Richard Todd and Robert Taylor. it was like being back at the Saturday picture club.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Human Target series premiere-nothing great. The Messenger with Woody Harrelson-VERY good, Smoking Aces 2-about what you'd expect for a direct to video sequel.

• i wonder why maybe because its not polictly correct :))): we love it its just good fun o watch

cheers smokey

I think nowadays it is seen as being racist, sexist and homophobic, like other old British TV series like On the Buses. What people now don't seem to realize is that forty years ago it was probably groundbreaking to include black and gay characters at all.

• Watched "Vantage Point" - fascinating look at a terrorist attack on the United States President in a foreign country from different points of view. Dennis Quaid shines as a secret service agent. Many character actors visible here.

I agree watched this film today.:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''