You Tube Videos Related To John Wayne

There are 72 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 44,239 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This video was found in a box in storage at Goulding's Lodge a few years back. It shows John Wayne and John Ford having lunch with the Navajo people in Monument Valley.

It appears they are eating Mutton Stew with Frybread! Chester :newyear:

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]
    <textarea class="yt-uix-form-textarea comments-textarea" name="comment"></textarea>

• I made this video a while back after I'd made it through the 1930s of Wayne's filmography:

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• I made this video a while back after I'd made it through the 1930s of Wayne's filmography:

Kain,
    Many thanks for posting this interesting video,
    and I have taken the liberty of presenting it as a YouTube
    rather than just an URL

However may I say the video,
    would be better entitled Yakima Canutt's moments,
    as indeed most of the footage is Yak
    stunting for Duke, switching to Duke in the close ups.

The music does seem inappropriate but then
    it only saves itself by being a song mentioning John Wayne.

However this is just my opinion

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Yeah, I'm aware that it is actually Canutt doing a lot of those stunts, but those moments stood out to me on my adventure through Wayne's early filmography.

As for the music... yeah. It mentions John Wayne, and while considerably more rock and modern than what most people associate with the big guy, I liked it enough to use it.

>:-)

• Bill, really like that little candid portrait of Duke. I think that is the first time I seen him pose for a picture without his hair for that long. It was a good long look at his bald head. But it was good and I enjoyed it. Thanks

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• HONDO, IF YOU LOOK VERY QUICK WHEN DUKE IS BY THE JET AIRCRAFT, THATS A VERY YOUNG CHILIBILL WITH THE CLIP BOARD UNDER HIS ARM HEADING INTO OPEN THE FLIGHT PLAN TO SPRINGERVILLE, EAGAR, ARIZONA AND THE 26 BAR RANCH !!! :biggrin:
    BILL
    :cowboy:

• You sure are young there, Bill. Those were the days. He was a tall man, wasn't he?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote