You Tube Videos Related To John Wayne

There are 72 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 44,241 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All

I have heard the rumours of a such a place now allegedly marked as John Wayne's grave which apparently was set up so that all those who wish to frequent such a place could be accomodated.

I have no desire to visit such a place so it is of no interest to me.

Robbie you are correct I couldnt remember whether he was buried or cremated.

I know he wished to be cremated and ashes scattered at sea and secretly hope his wishes were really observed.

Mike

• Robbie;

You are correct, Duke was Buried at Pacific Memorial Park in Newport Beach over looking Newport Beach Harbor where He kept His boat "The Wild Goose" in the happy days. :)

As a Catholic Michael Wayne Duke's oldest Son went against Duke's Wishes to be Cremated and have His Ashes put in the Pacific Ocean between Catalina Island and Newport Beach. :angry:

His Grave was Un-Marked there for 10 Years because there were Threats to Steal His Body. :fear2:

Bill :cowboy:

• Hi Bill

A recent documentary on John Wayne actually filmed at Pacific Memorial Park in Newport Beach and showed the memorial site now designated.

When you consider that Chaplin's body was stolen after his burial and the circus that still continues at Graceland with Elvis you can fully understand the reluctance of the Wayne family to disclose the real burial site.

Mike

• I see what you mean. The sad thing about Youtube and Uncyclopedia is that whilst they provided internet users with the opportunity to share information with each other because of their unregulated nature they also attracted every form of low life
    available. These people if you can call them that fired on every time of crap imaginable.

A recent low point which lead to a prosecution was some "human creature" who decided to video himself eating a live mouse.

I came across Youtube my accident and copied links to for various John Wayne
    video shorts here but I didnt copy a direct link to Youtube as I was aware of what other material was brought up when you did a search.

It is an interesting site but be aware of the pitfalls. I think Robbie's stance of reporting obscene videos for removal to Youtube is to be congratulated.

Now the site has been sold to Google and they will depend more on advertising maybe it will be properly managed.

Mike

Originally posted by etsija@Dec 8 2006, 11:45 AM
    Not a video, but related to some of the very feeble attempts to be funny in youtube, this is record low Uncyclopedia

[snapback]37624[/snapback]

The link to that website that has that very strange info (if you can call it into?) just proves one thing to me........that some freak has way too much time on IT'S hands and can only try to do some injustice to a great and famous person--who cannot defend himself as the great American that he was. :tongue1::tooth::kiwibird: :uhuh2:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid+Dec 12 2006, 07:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Ringo Kid @ Dec 12 2006, 07:54 PM)</div>

It's supposed to be parody of Wiktionary, and as in Wiktionary, anybody can give his/her input. Some articles are quite funny, like the one about Finland (you need quite a bit background data to fully appreciate it), but most are plain boring. Good parody or satire is a demanding form of art

<!--QuoteBegin-The Ringo Kid@Dec 12 2006, 07:54 PM
    just proves one thing to me........that some freak has way too much time on IT'S hands

Truly amazing, the amount of spare time some people seem to have :o

I don't believe in surrenders.

Originally posted by etsija@Dec 12 2006, 03:34 PM
    It's supposed to be parody of Wiktionary, and as in Wiktionary, anybody can give his/her input. Some articles are quite funny, like the one about Finland (you need quite a bit background data to fully appreciate it), but most are plain boring. Good parody or satire is a demanding form of art
    Truly amazing, the amount of spare time some people seem to have :o

[snapback]37777[/snapback]

Too true, I did figure it was a parady of sorts but, the problem I have with it is that people who really do not know the truth, will believe their lies.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Dukepilgrim

Thanks for that comment, however it only succeeds if a group of people voice their objection, otherwise a lone voice will be insufficient and ultimately ineffective, thats why I have tried to encourage other members to report these vile videos, its very easy to do.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie

I will check out registering and follow your lead. Cant do it tonight Carol Singing (Thankfully not ME)

Mike

• I saw yesterday on You Tube a clip of Hank "Ol Mose" Worden he talked a little about John Wayne a clip of Harry Carey Jr talking about Action Shots.

• Hi Guys, and Gals,

I've added a YouTube BB code that will let us add YouTube videos directly into a post. You can find it in the tool area of the reply window.

Here's a sample

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

All you need is the id number from the url

EX. http://youtube.com/watch?v=6t0GE-VnFhM&mode=related&search=

Enter the bold text between the brackets and you good to go!!

• you can fully understand the reluctance of the Wayne family to disclose the real burial site.Mike

A couple of years ago the wife and I flew out to visit our son and his family who then lived in San Diego. While there, I told my son I only wanted to see two things during my visit. One was the Duke's gravesite and the other was President Reagan's library. They were both within easy driving distance of SD.

One weekend we left early in the morning, drove up to the Reagan library, explored it thoroughly and took a lot of pictures. Then on the way back to SD, we went through Newport and visited the gravesite. His grave wasn't all that hard to find but my wife was flabbergasted and disappointed because instead of a huge and impressive mausoleum housing Big John's remains, there was just one of those flat bronze markers on the ground. As you suggested, I suppose the Wayne family didn't want to call attention to his burial place by erecting a big, imposing structure.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• By paying a small subscription fee I have managed eventually to put JW videos onto a disc which can be played separately from entering You Tube Videos.

They look awful on TV via DVD Player but at least if they are deleted I can still see on computer.

• Thanks for the link etsija

Its funny I proberably haven't seen that link in its entirety since watching it live in 1979.

As you say apart from looking thin Duke looked it great shape. You would never have known from his time on stage with the audience that he was so deadly sick.

The strength and courage it must have taken for him to do that is beyond belief.

Mike

• By paying a small subscription fee I have managed eventually to put JW videos onto a disc which can be played separately from entering You Tube Videos.

They look awful on TV via DVD Player but at least if they are deleted I can still see on computer.

If you use the FireFox web browser then you can install a free plugin that will let you save Youtube videos to your computer.

I have hundreds of youtube videos save on my hard drive.

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php and read up on it.

• etsija,

Wow, thanks for that link! I've never been a big fan of the Oscars, so didn't watch that the first time around. It is really touching, especially when you realize that he died shortly after that.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

I just posted the video using Kevin's instructions above - coooooool!

Chester :newyear:

• I made mention of this in a different thread, but want to expand on it a little here.

Somehow, I missed Robbie's post the first time around, so I clicked on it, and there was a pretty funny clip, but when I came back and read the comments following his post, I realized something must be amiss. When I went back to the page again, there was this message across the top of the page -

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

So what I watched was not Robbie's original link - looks like some trademark lawyer has been trying to discourage the use of John Wayne's image.

I notice that the same message appears when you go to some of the links in my original post in this thread.

I guess we better find out how to save the rest of them to our computers, and fast!:smile:

This is sad, because the enthusiasm generated towards John Wayne and everything he stood for is also being discouraged, whether inadvertently or not. John Wayne is someone who generates a very patriotic, nationalistic feeling, which is not something liberals, in particular liberal lawyers, may appreciate. It would seem that these trademark lawyers are not really working in the best interest of their client, IMO. Every time they curtail any type of JW activity, they are curtailing fan enthusiasm, which of course could ultimately lead to a decline in potential sales. This is a big year, the 100th anniversary of JW's birthday, and finally Wayne Enterprises is on the bandwagon - new website, "new" belt buckle contract with Bohlin's (if you happen to have a spare $2500 lying around), all kinds of sanctioned special items (guns, bullets, knives, and who-knows-what-else). Much of this is going to be so high-priced that the average fan is going to be left in the dust, which could lead to further negated fan enthusiasm. Of course, those who love John Wayne now will still love him, but this could leave a bad taste in folks' mouths. The liberal lawyer would be doing his/her job, curtailing trademark violations, but at the same time, throwing a bucket of cold water on fan enthusiasm. Who is being hurt by these clips being on YouTube? It's not like anybody can watch these things on TV anymore anyway, no royalties are being lost. And if someone was able to come out with a DVD with all these neat clips, we'd probably all buy one - if anything, those clips would whet our appetite for such an item. How frustrating!

Chester :newyear: