The Rare Breed (1966)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 46 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tbone.

• Re: Maureen O' Hara- The Rare Breed

I like the film myself, mainly for Stewart, O'Hara, Ben Johnson, Harry Carey, and good old Jack Elam-great as the bad guy. I thought the action scenes were well done, and enjoy the first half much more than the 2nd. Once Keith comes into the picture (usually good, but I felt he was WAAYYYY over the top), the film bogs down. I still watch it whenever it it on tho.
    • Re: Maureen O' Hara- The Rare Breed (1966)

:wink_smile:

March 1965, James Stewart call Maureen for turn with him in this film, which makes her very happy. But Jimmy jealously control all the scenes ... Juliet Mills made ​​her screen debut, and Brian Keith managed a remarkable performance in a character part unrecognizable. Despite this, the film was not up to the expectations ...

Nothing to say, it's a film just okay. A little long, yes, but with comical scenes that help to have a good time to relax ...

A short video

and Original trailer

Tell me if you have problems to read

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
      French-English translation: poor !!!
      :blush:

The post was edited 4 times, last by Romy ().

:wink_smile:

The scene of the jump being dangerous, it is likely that stuntmen have taken the place of the actors because we do not recognize Maureen ...

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
      French-English translation: poor !!!
      :blush:

Always liked the film, and thanks for the great pics! The only thing I dind't like was Keith's accent. It completely took me out of the film every time he spoke-seemed WAYYYYY over done. I would have prefered him without it.

alamo221 wrote:

Always liked the film, and thanks for the great pics! The only thing I dind't like was Keith's accent. It completely took me out of the film every time he spoke-seemed WAYYYYY over done. I would have prefered him without it.

I agree, but then I never like him as an 'actor' anyway!
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England