Maureen O"Hara on Larry King Live

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,194 times. The latest Post () was by nathan_brittles.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :D Did you happen to see Maureen O'Hara on Larry King last week. She is great!

B) She said something during the interview that perked my interest. There was a scene at the end of "The Quiet Man" where they have the characters closeup and ended up with Duke and Maureen in a shot. You see Maureen whisper something in the Duke's ear and he reacts to it. Now, John Ford (the Director) told (maybe the word should be "ordered") Maureen to say something that she would never say, to get a reaction out of Duke. Anyway, it did, and Ford printed that and that's the end. :)

Larry King tried to get Maureen to disclose what she said to Duke, but refused to do so. I can't lip read, but I don't think you can because of the angle. Just curious. <_<

Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I saw that interview also. She is great. I had heard that story about the whisper at the end of the Quiet Man before. According to the story neither her nor the Duke ever disclosed what it was that she said. Must have been something really good.

• Missed it I am sorry to say. I think she is awesome. Dukette

Dedicated to the American Hero...John Wayne
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dukette ( a true native Texas gal)

• I had seen that interview too. It was televised once before. Didn't she also say something about when she slapped the Duke after cleaning his cottage, she had broken a few fingers in her hand? Wish I knew what she whispered. I think we all have our own ideas about what was said. :P

• Good Evening,
    I believe she either broke her wrist or sprained it. Duke considered her one of the guys so I'm sure she whispered something that wasn't shocking to him. She was one of the guys but yet at the same time a lady.
    Enjoy the weekend,
    LittleDuke

• <<<You see Maureen whisper something in the Duke's ear and he reacts to it. Now, John Ford (the Director) told (maybe the word should be "ordered") Maureen to say something that she would never say, to get a reaction out of Duke. Anyway, it did, and Ford printed that and that's the end. >>>

Wouldn't you love to have been a fly on the wall? :P Obviously, Maureen O'Hara is a classy woman, to leave that "something" still unsaid. :)

Chester

• I seen the interveiw myself. There is never been a better class or spirited woman than Maureen O'Hara.

Brian
    Tulalip Wa

• Maureen O'Hara is certainly a classy lady. The chemistry between her and Duke in their movies together simply drew sparks. The rapport between them immensely adds to their films.

Regards - Jay ^^

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Boy,

Did you dig deep for this post. I fondly remember that interview with Larry King, and can't help how emotional she still is about her releationship with Duke. She sure is a classy woman.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• In a feature on The Quiet Man DVD, she talks about John Ford, Duke, and filming the movie. She mentioned that she is the only living person who really knows what was said, and she will take that secret to the grave.

-ncb

My heroes have always been cowboys.