When Were You Born?

There are 350 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 216,604 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Yeah right... your only blowin' smoke. I was a sophmore in high school when boboppa was born. Who are you kidding... :cry2:

• Hi big50_1,

Thanks for your post,
    Good for you, same age as me!!!
    Not many of us left, I guess!!
    I have placed you in the ' rich tapestry ' on page one,

I have also put you a welcome on our welcome thread,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I've always played well with those that older. I can't seem to find too many people who share my interests or politics in my generation. :ohwell: My mother always said I was born to the wrong generation. Everyone on this site seem close, are very respectful, and enjoy each others banter and the common thread of course is Duke Wayne. What a guy and what a great group all of you are. Now I am going to go change my diaper and go down for a nap.
    bo

• Guten Tag,
    ich wurde im schönen Deutschland geboren.
    Am 18.12.1962 in Mönchengladbach(NRW)
    MfG cobra

Our new freund von Deutschland apparently speaks/reads English better than he/she writes it. Birthdate was December 18, 1962 in Monchengladbach.

I took a college course in German while stationed there in the early Seventies and just barely passed. It's a hard language to learn.

What threw me more than anything else were the genders der, die, das, which correspond to the English he, she and it. To an English speaker like me, there seemed to be no rhyme or reason for designating an object by gender.

When I'd had a few German beers (much stronger than American brew), I could rattle it off pretty well. Which is why every time my (German-born) wife and I went to see her folks, my mother-in-law always offered me a beer first thing. :beer:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hallo, my english is not so good sorry. I was born in germany. I`m a John Wayne fan.

Your English is much better than my German. In fact, since your first post, your English language skills have increased greatly.

Wo wohnen sie in Deutschland?

Meine Frau ist von Berlin.

• Germany is a country that I would love to visit in the future along with the USA, its seems so modern a progressive while having a lot of history surrounding it as well.

I remember at school I did a German course for a semester and if I remember correctly when its 1pm its reads as 12pm and when its 2pm its read as 1pm etc etc, do I remember correctly or not, it has been a long time.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• St. John's Hospital, Huron, South Dakota
    3:10 a.m. June 5, 1955

Just had to get my passport so I had to dig up my original birth certificate.
    10 weeks for the passport.

• Germany is a country that I would love to visit in the future along with the USA, its seems so modern a progressive while having a lot of history surrounding it as well.

I remember at school I did a German course for a semester and if I remember correctly when its 1pm its reads as 12pm and when its 2pm its read as 1pm etc etc, do I remember correctly or not, it has been a long time.

:agent:

If you go, Rob, confine your travels to the southern portion of the country as its the most scenically beautiful by far, especially southern Bavaria (anything south of Munich). Munich itself is one of my favorite world cities (or at least it was when we last visited 30 years ago). The folks in Munich seem more "laid back" than the Germans further north. I really liked the area down around Berchesgaden (sp), where Hitler had his "Eagle's Nest".

I'm not sure what you're saying with the time - other than Germany being in a different time zone than the UK (an hour later), they tell time just like everyone else. So when it would be, say, 1300 in London, it would be 1400 in Frankfurt. There are 7 hours difference between Texas, where I live, and Dortmund, where my brother-in-law lives.

• I'll add my Y.O.B. It's 1958. The second year of the Edsel. I was born the week, if not the day, Richard Nixon got pelted with tomatoes in Guatamala. Anyone wanna guess?