When Were You Born?

There are 350 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 218,406 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Although we don't have gender based definite articles and modifiers, we do randomly assign genders to some nouns. As an example, the U.S. is referred to as a female (despite Uncle Sam).

• Although we don't have gender based definite articles and modifiers, we do randomly assign genders to some nouns. As an example, the U.S. is referred to as a female (despite Uncle Sam).

We also refer to our cars, military ships, planes and many other items as she or her.

• Just had to get my passport so I had to dig up my original birth certificate.
    10 weeks for the passport.

I hope you get that passport in 10 weeks. Our son allowed more than that, and two weeks before he was to leave, he still didn't have it. And two weeks out is the soonest you can start bugging them for it. Early the morning of the two week time limit, he was on the phone. That passport was in his hands one week before he was to leave, but he still had to send it to Washington, DC, to get his visa. What a nail biter that was! It came back from the Ghanian embassy the day before they were to leave!! It cost us a small fortune in overnight charges, both ways!

The big hold-up is due to the new restrictions traveling to Canada and Mexico, requiring a passport. So many had applied for passports they finally had to loosen that a little; folks traveling to those countries at least must have proof of having applied for a passport, along with picture ID, at least for the summer.

I hope yours comes sooner.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• It did just take 10 weeks... we've had them for a couple months. We went in late January and applied for ours and got them in early April. Before the mad rush of millions so the 10 weeks was a fair estimate. Today... maybe 3 - 4 months is closer.

• Hello All,
    Just to join in the fun, I was born in London on 03 January 1940 and managed to survive to come to Australia.
    Regards
    Redcap:hyper:

RACMP - For the troops With the troops

• i have been bugged by the little bloke to put in where he was born so here goes

little smokey was born in canberra, the hospital was in the suburb of bruce but we lived in richardson, he was born 04 november 1996.:sport_box: :punk: :sport:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I'm 53 (born in 1954)...'Donovan's Reef" was the first Wayne movie I remember seeing but since my Dad is a big fan I'm sure we were at the local drive-in everytime they showed one.

• Hi,

I have updated the first page,
    to include our new additions.

jjefford
    Redcap
    mhitt

Smokey, I included your Alec, little smokey,
    some time back,
    he's in there with Chester's kids, and my kids.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• hi ethan

if i didn't say so before thanks for putting the little bloke on the list he loves coming on with me when we have the time mostly on a friday night. you are still doing a grand job looking after this list for us.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Well, I'm not "new" so to speak, but I'm not on the list. Born in Nitro, West Virginia in 1967. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!! :wink_smile:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• Hi,

We have lots of new members now,
    perhaps you could all join in the rich tapestry!

Here's what we have, so far:-

Full Members

Harold.1926
    William T Brooks. 1931
    Stumpy. 1938
    Redcap.1940
    Jay J Foraker 1942
    deduke.1942
    arthurarnell.1943
    big50_1.1946
    jjefford.1946
    ethanedwards.1946