Monument Valley, Arizona

There are 115 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 135,341 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Apparently it's the exact same picture, only your's is from a greater distance. But in looking at the two, it's obvious the two mesas on the left are the same. Mine came from landscapes shown in Windows Photo Gallery - where is your's from, Mark?

I can't remember where I got it, Stumpy. I've had it for a while. I'm sure it was off the web somewhere. Here's another picture of basically the same shot (just a little to the right), but from the movie Stagecoach. Compare it to my desktop picture and you can see that not much has changed over the years. Wow.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• This is what I have set as my desktop background. Look familiar to anyone? :wink_smile:

Yeah, looks familiar to me for two reasons - (1) obviously Monument Valley, and we've all seen enough pictures of it around here to know it well, and (2) it's MY desktop wallpaper as well!!

Do a Google search for images of Monument Valley - some spectacular photos of the place!

Chester :newyear:

• Monument Valley has to be one of the most desolate, yet majestic, looking places on Earth. There's a timeless quality to it - you just know it has been there forever and will still be there when we're long gone. It's like being in a huge church.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• WOW !!! what an awesome picture of Monument Valley.Great colours,i bet it looks superb when the sun is setting. thanks stumpy et al
    luckynedpepper

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Some amazing images of Monument Valley (all featuring the Mitten Buttes)

monument_valley_2.jpg
    Somebody sure was in the right place at the right time!

monument-valley-12-big.jpg
    This one used to be my desktop wallpaper.

utah-monument-valley.jpg
    Talk about desolate, but beautiful!

Dusk? Dawn? I don't know the geography of the area, so I don't know what direction we are facing. I'm sure somebody here will have the answer! This picture is absolutely surreal.

Chester :newyear:

• Here is the first post again,

Duke's Movie Locations- Monument Valley

if you click on Google images below, you'll see all these photos
    and more

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 6 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Is it possible to visit Monument Valley and see the old movie sets there ?
    Or is there anything left to see in that regard. ?
    I mean in an organised way....e.g. through a travel tour company ?
    It's something I'd just love to do before I go to join the Duke and all those
    other cowpokes across the Great Divide.

• Hi Johannes.

I have moved your post here.
    You will find this thread interesting for you.
    Some of Duke's classic westerns were made here,
    and lots of the locations can be seen here.
    There are tour companies, that offer trips,
    but I am sure our member Chilbill,
    could help you.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Keith - thanks for relocating me with my query.
    Glad I asked the question about a possible visit to Monument Valley because I've enjoyed so much the responses. It brought me back to a time when there was highly satisfying entertainment for a few pennies.
    I just loved trawling through the replies.

• Here is a picture of the office Duke used in the picture that Bill is talking about. It is still their.
    Andy:teeth_smile:

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"