PC and Technical Help Forum

There are 369 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 140,473 times. The latest Post () was by The Irish Duke.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I knew it - my freedom from having to log in each and every time lasted for one lousy round.

Frankly, Kevin, I'm beginning to think that your recent change of Forum software is at least part of my problem.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Stumpy,

I haven't gone through and read all the posts about your problem, so I am not sure if you have done this step or not, but wanted to ask.

Did you go and delete the cookies for dukewayne.com or did you just delete you browser history?

Just in case, to delete the cookies for dukewayne.com open firefox, select tools, select options, select privacy, select show cookies, scroll down until you see dukewayne.com, select the folder and click remove cookie.

After that make sure you have cookies enabled, go to dukewayne.com and log in, selecting the remember me check box.

I am almost positive that your site cookie is corrupted.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• I'm beginning to wonder if possibly the so-called "Identity Safe" protection afforded by my security software (Norton 360) could possibly have something to do with the problem. I'm going to disable that add-on and see what happens.

• I'm beginning to wonder if possibly the so-called "Identity Safe" protection afforded by my security software (Norton 360) could possibly have something to do with the problem. I'm going to disable that add-on and see what happens.

\Hooray, my theory seems to have worked. I disabled the "identity safe" add-on and now my IE browser keeps me identified to the site and signed in (at least this one time).

• Glad you fixed your issue.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Forum Runner

It's not really fixed, Kevin, at least to my complete satisfaction. With Chrome I'm okay but not with IE or Firefox. My problem there is that all my bookmarks/favorites are listed on those two browsers, making it easy to browse my favorite sites. But about all I have bookmarked on Chrome is your site, since Chrome keeps me signed in to Duke Wayne. And I'm leery about importing all my bookmarks/favorites to Chrome because I'm afraid I'll import the signed-in problem too. That's what happened when I imported my IE favorites to Firefox.

• I'm experiencing a weird problem - when I submit a post, the entire topic disappears from the newly posted list. For example, last night I entered a post in the latest non western you've seen. As soon as it was entered the whole topic disappeared. from New Posts. I figured it wasn't a big deal, but when I signed in today, the topic was still not there. I found it in the forum and it was entered.
    Anyone else have this glitch?

We deal in lead, friend.

• I am running Windows 7 but I do not use IE for anything. Chrome is strictly what I use now and I can count on 1 hand the weird problems that I had with Chrome. I am not saying to change but I wouldn't use IE unless it was the last browser on earth.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne