Ireland (The Quiet Man)

There are 89 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 110,593 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ethanedwards- thank you for the videos they are beautiful with pleasant memories and
    the Music enhances the mood. Where can I get a copy of that music?
    I have a desire to go back to Ireland sometime and go to Cong.

Thank you colkid60,
    however as this question refers to the music in the movie
    I have copied this post and our reply to:-
    The Quiet Man

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Ireland is just a ferry ride away for me, so I must make the effort to go and see the movies locations

Yes even closer for me i,m only 30 minutes to the Ferry from where i live and i must make the Journey.

• :wink_smile:

Following a recent trip to Ireland, I made this video about this beautiful country.
    Towards the middle, you will see images of CONG.
    My hope to meet Maureen O'Hara was destroyed because she was in his personal problems with her family ...

HERE

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
    French-English translation: poor !!!
    :blush:

• We were there in Ireland in 2007. We enjoyed the trip very much.
    I am supposed to be a little bit Irish,but when I visited there, I was
    100% Irish.
    When someone posted video of Cong, the Quiet Man being made,on this site months ago
    with the Quiet man music playing in the background, I wanted to return
    so bad.
    My wife has physical problems and we haven't been able to go. When
    she gets healed we will try to return and visit the Quiet Man places,
    like we did before.
    You guys are fortunate to live so close, go and tell us here,what you saw.Post a few pictures.
    I just thank God that John Ford made that beautiful movie the Quiet Man.
    I love the Irish customs in it and all the native habits and talk. It was
    very enjoyable.
    Understand I wouldn't want to live these custom's, but it was beautiful to watch.

Also west of Shannon, I believe at Foynes, there is a small Seaplane Museum. We visited it and enjoyed it.
    Charles Blair, Maureen's pilot husband, left there on a flight and set a seaplane flying record.
    God continue to bless Maureen and give her good health.
    I saw "Spencer's Mountain" recently, and Maureen was at her most beautiful there. It was done in 1964, so she was 44.

I am watching Romy's fine movie and just watched past the Cong part. Minutes 6:45 to approx. 9:00
    Excellent, beautiful, thank you. I liked how you put in a little movie and them showed the same scene today.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited 2 times, last by colkid60: Add a little more- Previous movie ().

• Yes even closer for me i,m only 30 minutes to the Ferry from where i live and i must make the Journey.

im 3 hours away from cong.i was up there about 3 years and visit most of the location.i entend to visit the quite country again,hopefully next june.

• My wife took me to Cong for my 60th birthday and we did all the locations except one which was no longer there that was the cottage in the background of one of the scenes you could see smoke coming out of the chimney. I took photographs of all the locations and they are now on my first site to the Duke the link is called The Quiet Man Trail and you might already know that Cohan's is now a pub.

“You're short on ears and long on mouth.”
    John Wayne

Indeed, when we went in June, the cottage was forbidden to visit by a fence. This is a ban that is mainly due to that the "visitors" steal, little by little, a stone here, a stone there, destroying the heritage ... now wait until that its restoration is effective.

Remember, the team of the film "The Quiet Man" was hosted in this famous hotel ... but you can be famous and have big problems ...

HERE and HERE

Edited once, last by Romy ().

Remember, the team of the film "The Quiet Man" was hosted in this famous hotel ... but you can be famous and have big problems ...

HERE and HERE

How sad this is! but also how stupid of them all!
    What is the point of boasting we are the best
    and charging outrageous prices,
    and then going 'bust' in the process.??
    Obviously in this day and age, the business plan was wrong,
    to not only lose money trading, but also in the process
    to halve it's market value and lose the investor €25m !

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Hey you guys an gals the picture of St. Mary's Church of Ireland is off my website I know this because the lady in the background is my wife Sandra I took the photo when my wife took me to Cong for my 60th birthday.

Edited once, last by Rocklin: mistake in typing ().

• Hi Bryn,

See you have been a member a while but must have taken a sabbatical, LOL. Anyway, nice to "meet you". I have been a member for about 5 months now. Just got finished with the Group Watch. If you check out Hatari, there are 18 pages on it.....lots of screen catches and discussions about parts of the movie, etc. Hope you will join the next one. It will be a Western. We are waiting now to see what it will be.
    Yes, I should SAY, you should make the journey. Wow, I would love to see it all. Well, welcome back and HAGO, Keith (the old lady)....Dooley calls me LadyHawk, LOL!

Yes even closer for me i,m only 30 minutes to the Ferry from where i live and i must make the Journey.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Here is one of the photo of my 1989's trip to Ireland. Few days in Cong, looking for all the place of The quiet Man.
    I was there, I think, just in time to see this beautiful places before the coming of the blessings of civilization... I was there again in 1995 and I see too many gift shops for tourists...

This is the Denaher's House:

• I'm just wondering why this post came in my mail because the last entry is 2008, anyway I see three of the pictures come from my site because outside St. Mary's Church Of Ireland stands my wife Sandra.