There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 13,211 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• OREGON

Many Movie Scenes were shot in Oregon,at these locations
    including

The Big Trail
    and
    Rooster Cogburn

Deschutes National Forest

Oregon

Located in Central Oregon, the Deschutes National Forest extends for about 100 miles along the east side of the Cascade Mountains, encompassing more than 1.6 million acres, encompassing more than 1.6 million acres. Enjoy a scenic backdrop of volcanic mountains that form the crest of the Cascade Mountains, and alpine forests, volcanic attractions, dense evergreen forests, mountain lakes, caves, desert areas, and alpine meadows. A wide variety of recreational and scenic opportunities exist on the volcanoes of the High Cascades and in Newberry National Volcanic Monument.

For more photographs:-
    Deschutes National Forest
    For more information:-
    Deschutes NationalForest- Wikipedia

Oregon

Scenes from
    Rooster Cogburn
    shot here

The Rogue River in southwestern Oregon in the United States
    flows about 215 miles (346 km) in a generally westward direction
    from the Cascade Range to the Pacific Ocean.
    Known for its salmon runs, whitewater rafting, and rugged scenery,
    it was one of the original eight rivers named in the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act of 1968.

Rogue River- Wikipedia
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Grants Pass

Josephine County, Oregon

Grants Pass is a city in, and the county seat of Josephine County,
    Oregon, United States.The city is located on Interstate 5, northwest of Medford.
    Attractions include the Rogue River, famous for its rafting,
    and the nearby Oregon Caves National Monument located 30 miles (48 km) south of the city

Grants Pass- Wikipedia
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Bend

Deschutes County, Oregon

Bend is the county seat of Deschutes County, Oregon, United States,
    and the principal city of the Bend, Oregon Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Bend is located on the eastern edge of the Cascade Range along the Deschutes River.
    Here the Ponderosa Pine forest transitions into the Great Basin high desert plateau,
    characterized by arid land, junipers, sagebrush, and bitter-brush.
    Originally a crossing point on the river, settlement began in the early 1900s.
    Bend was incorporated as a city in 1905.

For more photographs:-
    Bend
    Bend- Wikipedia

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 30 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Thank you, Keith, for sharing this with us. As I've mentioned in the past, our property in Oregon is very close to the Rogue River Valley and Grants Pass - it truly is a beautiful place (as you can see in the pictures)!

Now that I'm retired, I hope to be able to get there a little more often.

I've also discussed how Chick Iverson (a good friend of Duke's) had a ranch about five miles from our place. Also, another ranch, the Tall Timber Ranch, is where John Wayne stayed while filming Rooster Cogburn, and is about two miles from our place. One of the locals related a story about visiting the ranch to do some work at the time of the filming. Ethan Wayne was manning the gate, and when he met John Wayne, he was impressed with how friendly and open he was. My friend indicated that his mother was a true John Wayne fan, and Duke invited them both over for lunch the next day, which of course was a huge thrill for his mother.

Another fellow up there has the aluminum jet boat that was used for transporting Duke and others back and forth from the filming site. It still has the welded aluminum patch on the front corner, that was a result of John Wayne's driving (at least as rumor has it :ohmy:).

Chester :newyear:

• I have been to both Bend and Grants ppass nice country. Good to read chesters post about JW having those folks over for lunch.

Greetings from North of the 49th