Alamo Village, Texas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 55 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Sara.

• Re: Duke's Movie Locations- Alamo Village, Texas

Ft. Clark is where Duke and a lot of the cast stayed while filming, so that would make a nice side trip to anyone visiting AV. Plus the some of the river scenes were filmed there.

For continuity, this was also posted
      on the movie thread, so I have quoted it here

alamo221 wrote:

....Alamo Village will be open for a limited time with a shuttle taking fans to and from the site I've heard. Don't miss that if you can-
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • Re: The Alamo (1960)

Having been to Brackettville twice. These photos have great meaning.
      I have sat on the same cot as Richard Widmark and the room where Duke first talkes to Laurence Harvey. And in the basement of the church, which is on the ground floor in the back of the church. Thanks the the memorys.
      ''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

The post was edited 1 time, last by BILL OF PA ().

I envy you who enjoyed Alamo Village. I was stationed in San Antonio in 1971 and 1972 and while I visited the shrine many times, I didn't know anything about the village. I spent many a weekend idling around Fort Sam and now I'm kicking myself in the butt that I was so close and so uninformed.
      Maybe someday I can afford to go back.

We deal in lead, friend.

Last October I visited the film set at Bracketville on what was, up to now anyhow, the last day it was officially open to the public.

I took a heap of photo's and video and have put them together mixed with clips of the film to give a sort of "then and now" perspective.

I only intended to make it last for about 15 minutes or so but kinda got carried away somewhat and it ended up at about 40minutes long in the end !!

I put the finished effort on Youtube and had to split it into 3 parts, if anyone is interested in having a look, here are the links.

part 1 youtu.be/YrIoWPDsv84

part 2 youtu.be/IRxCEOWQSnM

part 3 youtu.be/76_vThfXOyc

Thanks for the kind comments guys, it was a dream come true to visit Bracketville and I could have walked around that place forever.
      It was the most amazing experience to just stand on the same spot where all those unforgettable scenes were filmed and take it all in, one day just wasn't long enough.