Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 826,224 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just look at the TRIPE, that is constantly spewed on Liberal sites. They really are a bazzar bunch of lemmings. look at rachel maddow for starters--whom I call the mad cow.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• HERE IS A VIDEO THAT WILL TELL YOU MORE REASONS WHY IT IS TIME TO IMPEACH THE MAN THAT IS NOW IN THE WHITE HOUSE THAT GOES BY THE NAME "OBAMA" AND THE TIME IS NOW !!!
    :evilgrin:
    CHILIBILL :cowboy:
    CLICK BELOW
    ==========

http://26bar.websitetoolbox.co…CH-OBAMA-!!!-quot-6012509

Tell me where I can go to sign an IMPEACH OLDD list. Im for it.

• I'm moving this over from the Books thread.

Re: Duke's Books- Discussion
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Paula
    It is one thing to support the enemy (a la Jane Fonda) but it is another thing entirely to exercise one's Constitutional freedom of expression to openly oppose a war even while it's being waged. Are we all just supposed to shut up and go along with what the government is doing even if one is adamantly against it? What about veterans who have fought in various wars and then come back and oppose them publicly even while they're still going on? Anyway, this probably belongs in the Politics thread by now so if anyone wants to continue this conversation, let's move it over there. ;)

Changed my mind about getting into this conversation. I answered your question in a civil manner as to why Scorses could be considered anti-American and you want to take it all the way out there. Ringo's statement is also protected free speech.

Oh, this is getting silly. I never said that anyone's speech (including Ringo's) wasn't protected -- although let's be clear, our Constitution protects our speech from government interference; the moderators of this board have every right to forbid certain topics, or delete posts, or require us to keep politics to the Politics thread, which is why I am posting here in the Politics thread rather than the Books one.

I fail to see why addressing charges that Martin Scorsese is "anti-American" is so awful or taking it out there or whatever. I did not say anything uncivil at all. But I DO disagree with the statement that Martin Scorsese is anti-American, because he *gasp* protested the Vietnam War (like millions of other Americans who knew AT THE TIME, not just in hindsight, that it was a bad war) or associated with people like the Dixie Chicks -- who exercised their Constitutional freedom of speech too, the same way other people exercised their freedom of speech by disagreeing with them and boycotting their concerts and records. Nor does the fact that Scorsese's films sometimes explore/critique the darker sides of American society mean he is anti-American.

So far I remain unconvinced that Martin Scorsese has ever done or said anything that would make him anti-American. Critiquing America and protesting a war does not make you anti-American. To be honest, I don't even like this term "anti-American" which is very either/or and doesn't allow for complexity. There are a lot of things I don't like about America, but that doesn't change the fact that I love America.

• On scorcese, I dont think my original statement on him was understood? Yeah--I stand behind MY opinion that he is anti-American and has nothing to do with the Nam War. It has to do with HIS vision of American as seen though HIS movies--such as: Gangs of New York. I will say it once-I hate--those who force THEIR opinions on others by saying THEIRS is the truth--when in fact--it aint. All it is is revisionist history--or VERY poor attempts at it.

And yeah--I detest the ""Hanoi jane fonda"" crowd. If they don't like this Country? they can leave anytime they want.

• Your opinion, you won't change it because that's the side you've chosen. But your side has told a majority of the American people to "shut up and color" when it comes to a health care bill that most don't want. One thing that the left never quite understands, your exercise of your freedom of speech doesn't trump my right to think and say you are tearing down the country that provided you that right...and to boycott...or booo... or not watch your movies. Of course then you will say I'm a neocon automaton.

Go back and look at my original post on this. I said then that I was more foregiving. Scale is tipping the other way. No gonna buy that BluRay of Goodfellas now.

• Your opinion, you won't change it because that's the side you've chosen. But your side has told a majority of the American people to "shut up and color" when it comes to a health care bill that most don't want. One thing that the left never quite understands, your exercise of your freedom of speech doesn't trump my right to think and say you are tearing down the country that provided you that right...and to boycott...or booo... or not watch your movies. Of course then you will say I'm a neocon automaton.

Go back and look at my original post on this. I said then that I was more foregiving. Scale is tipping the other way. No gonna buy that BluRay of Goodfellas now.

No ""MY"" side has not told people to shut up etc. Look at some of your liberal news stations and EVERYTHING they say is EXACTLY the opposite of what the ""other side"" has to say. That's infuriating and ESPECIALLY WHEN THE FACTS ARE CLEARLY PRESENTED to the liberals and other democrats--they STILL refuse to see reality--such as your current president. Mind baffling aint it?????

You got me wrong and im not saying YOU in particular are anything--just like I dont like to be pointed out as somehting I am not. Get to know me and you will KNOW how I am. Im just sick and tired of leftist liberals blaming EVERY stinking thing on what the Repubs do or do not do instead of sucking up some of the blame for failed things THEY created--such as in the last FOUR LONG years. When this term ends for OLDD-it will be EIGHT solid years that he will be blaming EVERYTHING on George Bush--childish aint it?

I will NOT--support any director or any actor--who makes loads of money making movies that are a knock on MY Country. I have that right and I will exercise that right. Like ive said a hundred times before--I THANK GOD--that there are thousands of other movies made that I can enjoy and if i never watch a new made movie?? that bothers me not. I also detest most modern TV shows as well. No need to have cussing in them, no need for toilet humor, and no need to show needless gore.

By the way: "my side" totally believes in the Constitution--as it was originally written and signed off by fellows like: John Hancock and others. We don't need any revisions on our Constitution like liberals want.

• I was responding to Paula....I'm basically on your side in this but I'm out of this now. Done

• A slight case in point and i apoligise to Batjac as I was not intending to insult said person in any way.

However, just last night. I was waiting for the commercials to be over on channel 55--when I happened to get on channel 56--both are news stations and offer total opposite opinions of what is reality. Anyway, it happened to be the mad cows show. The ONLY reason why I stopped and looked was because she was talking about somehting historical to my interest. Time: Sept 19445--place: New Mexico, subject: a German PoW escaping from his PW camp and being on the lam till turning himself in to Bryant Gumble on his show in 1985--almost 40 years to the date of his escape.

Well, the history the mad cow was talking about was interesting to me so I listened. All was good till the mad cow made comments like: well--since the German PW took 40 years to turn himself in to someone--the mad cow then just HAD to make what would have been the one and only thing I would have liked that came from her mouth--into somehting political by saying: that she wondered that since it was 40 for the guy to turn himself in--that she wondered how long those in prison at Gitmo--would remain. SEE WHAT I MEAN???????

I would like to know just what the heck Gitmo has to do with that former enemy Soldier/PW????????????????????????????

• John Wayne's Speech at an Inaugural Gala for President-Elect Jimmy Carter (January 1977)

"I have come here tonight to pay my respects to our 39th President, our new Commander-in-Chief and to wish you Godspeed, Sir, in the uncharted waters ahead.

Starting tomorrow at high noon, all of our hopes and dreams go into that great house with you.

For you have become our transition into the unknown tomorrows.

And everyone is with you.

I am privileged to be present and accounted for in this capitol of freedom to witness history as it happens … to watch a common man accept uncommon responsibilities he won “fair and square” by stating his case to the American people … not by bloodshed, beheadings, and riots at the palace gates.

I know I am considered a member of the opposition … the Loyal Opposition … accent on Loyal. I’d have it no other way.

In conclusion, may I add my voice to the millions of others all over the world who wish you well, Mr. President.

All we ask is that you preserve this … one Nation … under God … with liberty and justice for all.

And we have no doubt you will, Sir."

~ John Wayne, at an Inaugural Ceremony for President-Elect Jimmy Carter (Jan 1977)

• Ive always said that "liberalism isnt just a disposition but a DISEASE." It was sickening to hear that a few punks in the UK threw a party over the Baroness's passing. As much as I cant stand obama and his gang of fools--I wouldnt dance on his grave.

• Shades of the Sheriff in The Shootist.......love it, MB! KEITH
    Just watched the new True Grit........what a massive waste of time......especially the last 15 minutes or so. Hope I can get the mess out of my mind, LOL! I am a PURIST....JW as Rooster all the way!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE