Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 824,161 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Subject: The Election is Over

The election is over. It is time to repair friendships with the other party.

Gov Sarah Palin is doing her part to do just that.

The rest of the world cannot understand how, after bitter election
    campaigns, American politicians can kiss and make-up.

For instance, Gov. Palin has invited, to her great state of Alaska , the men who defeated her, Barack Obama and Joe Biden, along with their wives.

She has set up a moose hunting trip for their enjoyment and hired three
    prominent experts in their field to assist them.

Dick Cheney will carry the gun, Ted Kennedy will drive them back to their
    cabins each evening and Bill Clinton will entertain their wives.

Sarah is such a good sport! She thinks of everything! :wink_smile:

• Where do I sign Up to Help Dick Cheney With All The Guns ?
    :stunned:
    After the Moose Gets The Half Breed and Old Big Mouth Joe !
    :teeth_smile:
    Oh I am Sorry we Forgot to put Ammo in Their Moose Rifles !!
    :ohmy:
    We can go Back to The Cabin and Pay Bill a Visit if The Girls have Not Blown Up The Out House With Him In It Already !!!
    :hyper:
    We won't worry about Old Ted he is going to be Gone Soon With Cancer !!!
    :yeaahh:

• :hyper:We won't worry about Old Ted he is going to be Gone Soon With Cancer !!!

I suppose I shouldn't say this but personally, that will be one of the happiest days of my political life. He is a politician who, for me, personifies everything wrong with liberal Democrats and I despise him with a passion.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I suppose I shouldn't say this but personally, that will be one of the happiest days of my political life. He is a politician who, for me, personifies everything wrong with liberal Democrats and I despise him with a passion.

I remember my Republican Mom crying over John, and feeling the lose of Bobby, but Ted well he is not going out like they did.
    I will not wish him worse, for cancer is a hell of it's own. He will stand before God alone, and unless a last minute repentance takes place without Christ.
    God in whom he will stand before is not a liberal.

• I think this definition of runt of the litter best sums Ted up . "A small person; one of little account"

They will all cry crocodile tears when he goes but privately be relieved that he has finally gone.

• at least J.F.K. and Bobby were doing Something They Thought Was Right !!!

:wink:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

Even if they were wrong.

Speaking for myself, I wasn't heartbroken to see those two depart this earthly orb either. I honestly believe that JFK's election was the point at which this country began its' decline.

• Even if they were wrong.

Speaking for myself, I wasn't heartbroken to see those two depart this earthly orb either. I honestly believe that JFK's election was the point at which this country began its' decline.

JFK at least stood up to the Soviets and did not kiss their behinds like every President since. He told them get their missiles out or he would take them out. Plan talking which we do not get now.
    The passing of the equal rights bill, where affirmative action got it's roots in the mid 60's signed by Johnson. I get tired of hearing people always say I got rights, even though it sounds like 'rats'. When quotas determined who gets hired and no longer merit this country started it's slide down hill.

• As far as I'm concerned the only one in the whole tribe who was worth anything, was Joe Jr. At least he died serving his country in time of war. Joe Sr was a mobster during prohibition and bought his way into politics with his ill gotten gains, and he paid for John and Bobby and Ted to follow him. And as he was a criminal, I guess as far as Ted goes, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. But as with O.J., if you have enough money, you can get away with cold blooded murder. And John may have stood up to the Russians, but he too was in bed with the mob ( and several different females as well! Must be a democrat thing - look at Clinton!). Bobby, well he was too idealistic, and that's what probably got him killed. So maybe he wasn't so bad. I don't know that much about him.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hi

On British television at this moment they are talking about Edward Kennedy's death. Our people give a different take on yours they are calling him one of the greatest statesman of the era. However there is an American reporter talking about the less salubrious aspects of his life. I suppose from a British viewpoint he tended to favour the Irish against us, a trait he probably got from his father.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• We have already been though over a month of this News coverage of this Dope Sick Jackson thing like he was a Hero !
    :vomit:
    Now the News People have a New Hero Ted Kennedy and talk about him like he saved the U.S. all by himself !!
    :hyper:
    When in fact one of the reasons the U.S. is in the Shape that it is in Today is because of Ted Kennedy and his 46 Years Helping making Laws for the U.S., and Now they are Putting him in Holy Ground as if he had Won all The Wars Also !!!
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Well, as we know, that clown was a hero to liberals everywhere and since about 99.9 percent of the media is liberal, they're gonna exploit his memory for all it's worth.