Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 828,298 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ah Ringo, alas the one major flaw the American public has is forgetfulness. Will they remember come 2010? 0911 takes place and they were gungho for awhile and soon the fires faded, they forgot, and then began fighting over why 0911 happened in the first place. We must hope the American public remembers Bambi and his dumbacrats worthless deeds.

• Hi Shortgrub, aint that the truth? They do forget, but I will not. ;-)) pelosi, reid, schumer, rangel and the rest of those snakes have been in power way too long. Well, as long as Fox News is around, a lot of these things will be kept in the forefront of peoples minds. I just sure hope that there are not too many Lemmings amongst those folks.

I am as angry as the Sun is hot and flat out fed up with those jerks in Washington. One wonders what George Washington, John Adams, Ben Franklin and greats like those men were and still are-one wonders how many times those Gents have turned over in their graves at how far downhill our Country has slid-thanks to the slimebags who have infested Washington.

I don't want them sticking their pug-like noses into my personal business when there is no cause to. I don't go around bothering anybody, and I don't go around committing crimes or making threats and such. I just go about and do my own thing, like try to participate here and on a historical website, and try to keep my health in check and my mind and hands busy doing things.

Sorry for my rant and im off the soapbox for now ;-)) I think its time to take a breather, drink some iced tea and finish watching James Cagney in: The Lady Killers ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Over 104,000, that is a lot of Young People to have to Apologize For Trying to Help Clean Up A Mess On The Other Side Of The World !

And that is Not Counting all The M.I.A.s, and The Ones That Were Brought Home To The U.S.A. over Many Years !!

The U.S.A. Has Nothing To Apologize For, If it Not Been For U.S. We All Would Speaking German and Japanese Now !!!
    :uhhuh:
    Bill

• President Bambi will sign a document agreement in a few months that will begin a process that will be the end of US sovereignty. Those who understand the Bible book Revelation, it will usher in the one world govenment.

[extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PMe5dOgbu40&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PMe5dOgbu40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/extendedmedia]

• President Bambi will sign a document agreement in a few months that will begin a process that will be the end of US sovereignty. Those who understand the Bible book Revelation, it will usher in the one world govenment.

I doubt even this Dummicrat Senate would ratify such a treaty.

I've come to the conclusion that we need a military coup in Washington. I find it hard to believe that our military leadership is gonna stand still for something such as you suggest, Jeff. Not after the sacrifices they've made for 200+ years.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I've come to the conclusion that we need a military coup in Washington. I find it hard to believe that our military leadership is gonna stand still for something such as you suggest, Jeff. Not after the sacrifices they've made for 200+ years.

Everyone who joins the military takes an oath (or at least we used to) to defend this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

• Im beginning to think that obama-lama-ding-dong needs to be thrown into Jail. Let the inmates turn him into a more radical than he already is. I bet he'll come out with several tatoos too ;-)).

• Hi Stumpy, Shortgrub,

Stumpy, I can't see what picture you posted. Can you post it again?

SHortgrub, a definate AMEN to kicking the U.N. outta here. Do you know what U.U. stands for? I do and it's: Useless Nations.

• The posts I have read on this thread would seem to indicate a need for a Devils advocate, meaning alternate perspective offering poster. I volunteer ( if only to get a rise out of my esteemed associate Sir Stumpy. So here goes volley # 1, why do I find it hard to see where credit is given to positive initiatives. ps Ringo do you ever eat at Greek restaurants and enjoy roast lamb or other dishes.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi Murray, I haven't had the pleasure to eat at a Gree Restaurant, but have at many restaurants owned by greeks ;-)) A few places i love that are only in Corpus Christi that the Greeks own are: Nikos, Longhorn, Longhorn Steak and Ale and U&I Restaurant. The only Greek food I ever had and at a place in Corpus Christi, was a Gyro Sandwhich--which I loved. It was at a mall Kiosk called: Gyros. I THINK they went out of business though :(

As for Houston, I know there are Greek Restaurants here-but don't know where they are located?

I have had roast Lamb, but it was at a restauant in Goslar, Germany. It was delicious and im hooked ;-))

BTW, this restaurant was located inside the old City District and was directly across the street from an apartment building where future Generals and General Field Marschalls: Erwin Rommel and Heinz Guderian, once lived in ;-))

• Hello All Stumpy your wit is hard to beat I will have to ponder a response. Ringo you are making me very hungry friend, not good foe a man on an endless diet.

• Stumpy your wit is hard to beat I will have to ponder a response.

I'm curious, Murray. Your asking me why don't I give credit for positive initiatives seems to indicate that there are at least some aspects of the current American leadership that you seem to agree with. May we ask what those aspects might be?

Awhile back I posted that Obama had done one single thing so far with which I agreed and that was, or at least appeared to be, a lessening of support for the space program. Since I think that's a huge waste of taxpayer money, I'd like to see it done away with and if Obama feels the same then we agree on that. Otherwise, he and his congressional cohorts haven't yet done a single thing with which I agree.

I'm a conservative with libertarian leanings, Murray; not a moderate, and certainly not a liberal. The current bunch in Washington are, with very few exceptions, very liberal. Therefore, there won't be many instances where we agree on anything.

• Hello All greetings Jim I am not limiting the question to the Federal level of government but also open to hearing about sound leadership on the state or municipal levels. As for space dollars i think there are many needs for federal spending that could be seen as a higher priority. I remember when the party here in BC that had been in opposition for a long time, became government, they ran to the extreme. Good luck down there.

• Good luck down there.

We'll need it.

In my deeply-felt opinion, about 99 percent of governing authorities (and some of their dependents such as teachers, firemen, police, etc) in this country are jerks who want nothing but to extract as much money as possible from those of us who aren't connected with government. I've read I don't know how many articles that detail how the pension plans of all state and municipal governments are deeply in the red because over the years, those governing authorities have sweetened the various pots so much.

In my honest opinion, the only people on public payrolls who earn their keep nowadays are members of the military, some police and firemen, and some teachers. The rest are parasites, I do believe.