Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 826,221 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Now Bill, don't go holding back, just say it as it is.

Very good article. Food for thought.

Bob

• Well, that was an eye-opener! I'll have to get my "Good Book" out and read this a little closer for reference myself. I do appreciate your take on this. Thanks for the information.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Not only did I thoroughly enjoy (and agree with) Mr. Gardiner's column but I liked reading the comments posted afterwards.

Much to my surprise, it seems there are actually folks in the UK who yearn for a return of Maggie's brand of conservatism. Maybe there's hope for Great Britain yet.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Good article, Jim! It must be catching. We must make sure that the left stays in check. I knew they would implode. They spend all their time arguing who's the real leader and can't agree on anything. It shows with Pelosi, Reed, and Obama. All we need is Kennedy and Clinton, and you'd have a full team of idiots. Alright, that was unnecessary talking about Ted, even after his passing, but you'd have to know he's turning in his grave knowing that his seat belongs to the people of Massachusetts, and not him.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• WOW!! What a letter!

Check these credentials. Then read his letter to Pelosi!

Born St. Louis , Missouri , August 21, 1944
    Bar Admissions:
    North Carolina , 1969
    U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina , 1969
    U.S. Tax Court
    Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
    Education: Woodford College , 1966 A.B.
    Mercer University , 1969 J.D.
    Phi Alpha Delta
    Vice-Justice, District XIV, 1968 - 1969
    Professional Associations and Memberships:
    North Carolina and American Bar Associations (Member, Sections on: Administrative Law; General Practice; Litigation)
    26th Judicial District and North Carolina State Bar
    Mecklenburg County Bar Association
    American Association of Justice
    North Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
    Captain, U..S. Army, 1969-1971, Vietnam
    National Defense Medal, 1969
    Republic of Viet Nam Service Medal, 1970
    Bronze Star Medals (2), 1971
    Assistant District Attorney, Mecklenburg County , 1971 - 1974
    Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
    Chairman, Board of Trustees Providence United Methodist Church
    Board of Directors, Alexander Children's Home
    Board of Directors, Charlotte Culinary Institute
    Wofford Alumni Executive Council
    Scoutmaster, Boy Scouts of America
    Board of Directors, Boy Scouts of America of Mecklenburg County
    Board of Directors, Girl Scout Council
    Life Member, National Eagle Scout Association
    Life Member, Girl Scouts of America

Let's help this man fulfill his 'commitment' to Pelosi
    by forwarding his thoughts to everyone in your address book!

• I just thought I would share with a few things that were said in my English 236 class today. The class is on William Shakesphere comdies. Well, my college English instructor is pretty much a bleeding heart liberal. She has a habit of going off topic which I find annoying. The discussion got started when a sudent asked her you never seem to miss a day of class. She respondes that she likes her job so much which helps her not want to miss a single day of teaching. She enjoys teaching at the college level on the account that she had a bad experience teaching at the high school level. She pretty much speaks her liberal mind. She mentioned that she changed Freshman compitison class to globalization theme. What I mean she one world person. It truly bothers how Americans seem to be so ingorant of other foreign cultures. Americans have wide variety of finding things out. She also mentioned when she travels aboard she told by the people in the countries she visites what Americans really are. It really bothers her what other nationalites think of Americans. She will take their view rather than that of her fellow Americans. She finding out that since English curriculum deals globalization and she can not refram from discussing her own politicals. Typical liberal, Americans are the most dumbest people in world. Captialism is stupied but she admitted that she does not prefer communism either. She cusses like a sailor, heavy on the F-word and is a sex manaic.

She does like the news media seems to focus on Brittany Spears, Anna Nichol Smith and not deal with the real issues at hand. That is why does watch network news stations that includes Fox News. Ok she does want to be subjected to frivolous information which does not have an direct impact on her per say but she finds it necessarily to subject the whole class to her political opinions that do not have direct baring on class or the lives of her students. I can not wait for this class to be over.

• The vote is coming up next week. The Democrats are determined to pass this bill no matter what. They are banking their whole career on this, and you need to contact your representative and tell them to vote no on this, especially if your rep is a Democrat. This could forever change our country and I think it will not be for the better. So contact you rep and voice them your opinion.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• I see alot of dems being voted out later this year-and good riddence.

That may be true, but they can still ruin this country before they get voted out. They still have 10 months left. This is about as bad as it gets as far back as the attack on Pearle Harbor in 1941. Contact you Rep!

- John Wayne quote

• hi hondo, I definately hear ya on that-ten loooooooooooooong months. I did contact my rep and was told ill recieve a callback-however, that was about a month ago and no returned call.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I did my part so far, voted for Scott Brown to take the non-lamented Late Ted Kennedy's place. I refuse to say the Kennedy seat!
    When asked during the campaign why he felt he deserved the "Kennedy seat" Scott said, "it is not the Kennedy seat or the Democrat's seat, IT IS THE PEOPLES SEAT"

What a great guy!

Ben Cartwright SASS
    a good motto to live by
    "WWJWD"
    What would John Wayne Do"

• The Health Care Debate goes on. There is some things interested in this Article. This is an example of what is to come if this passes.

- John Wayne quote