Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 826,030 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Shame she's an idiot. :wink_smile:

While I can understand why you may not agree with her politics, she certainly is not an idiot. :ohmy:

I really don't understand why so many people despise Sarah Palin. Wouldn't you think the feminists would just love her? She's the epitomy of what they say they have been fighting for. :no:

Jim

• While I can understand why you may not agree with her politics, she certainly is not an idiot. :ohmy:

I really don't understand why so many people despise Sarah Palin. Wouldn't you think the feminists would just love her? She's the epitomy of what they say they have been fighting for. :no:

I think a lot of people "misunderestimate" Sarah baby.

For the most part, those who claim to be feminists are screaming libs who simply cannot comprehend even the idea of a female conservative. And IMO, libs in general are afraid that she may have the cojones, figuratively speaking, to jerk the whole country sharply to the right by attracting a massive portion of the female vote.

I can think of only two conservative politicians (both males) in the entire country that I prefer over Sarah. And I don't think either of them have expressed interest in the White House. Except for those two, I'd vote for her in a New York minute over any of those mentioned so far.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Mebbe so, but she's a right-wing idiot and for me, that's what matters.

I think she is a opportunist right wing idiot.

She is the equivalent of rookie baseball player playing her first game in the world series. If she got her name on the ticket she would be ate alive.

I honestly think she will not get the nomination and will stand as an independent candidate who will split the conservative vote in 2012 and will give Obama a second term.

• OK Stumpy, now you've got me curious, who are your 2 favorites?

And DP, you could be right about splitting the conservative vote. If the repubs don't nominate a TRUE conservative, and she runs as an independent, she'll get my vote. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't believe she is an opportunist, if so, I think her true colors will show eventually.

Jim

• Mike,
    You remind me of the Establishment GOPers, like Rove and the Bushes, who keep putting Sarah down. We shall see what we shall see, won't we? Hope I last 'til 2012 so I can see what happens.

Jim,
    My two favorite conservative politicians are Senators Tom Coburn (OK) and Jim DeMint (SC).

• Yep, that was a bad one for sure. There's no end of political gaffes, here's a good one:

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Sen. Barack Obama, speaking to reporters in Amman, Jordan

Jim

• Has anyone noticed that when Obama gives a public speech:gah: :vomit:, whether it be news conference or any select group, he puts a positive spin on anything that happens, just to make himself look good to his constituents.
    These past few weeks, with congress trying to pass an elephant through the eye of a needle, anything halfway decent that happens, Obama is taking credit; if there is any negativity to events, he strives to make sure everyone knows he wasn't responsible, that he tried superhumanly to make things go in the positive column, but no one would follow his lead (if he even remotely qualifies for the description of leader)!:fear2:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Has anyone noticed that when Obama gives a public speech:gah: :vomit:, whether it be news conference or any select group, he puts a positive spin on anything that happens, just to make himself look good to his constituents.
    These past few weeks, with congress trying to pass an elephant through the eye of a needle, anything halfway decent that happens, Obama is taking credit; if there is any negativity to events, he strives to make sure everyone knows he wasn't responsible, that he tried superhumanly to make things go in the positive column, but no one would follow his lead (if he even remotely qualifies for the description of leader)!:fear2:

I noticed that he likes to really stretch the truth to the breaking-point on everything. I saw through the sham of a leader before he was elected.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Has anyone noticed that when Obama gives a public speech , whether it be news conference or any select group, he puts a positive spin on anything that happens, just to make himself look good to his constituents.
    These past few weeks, with congress trying to pass an elephant through the eye of a needle, anything halfway decent that happens, Obama is taking credit; if there is any negativity to events, he strives to make sure everyone knows he wasn't responsible, that he tried superhumanly to make things go in the positive column, but no one would follow his lead (if he even remotely qualifies for the description of leader)!

This is different from any politician how? ;)

• It's different because he promised us that if he was elected it wouldn't be politics as usual. Just because it looks like the same old thing doesn't mean it is... come on, you know old slick willy showed us that if you tell a lie long enough people will believe it...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• The Queen's Riddle

Barack Obama met with the Queen of England .

He asked her, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround
    yourself with intelligent people."

Obama frowned, and then asked, "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen took a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle."

The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"

The former Prime Minister, Tony Blair, walked into the room and
    said, "Yes, your Majesty?"

The Queen smiled and said, "Answer me this please,Tony, your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answered, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," said the Queen.

Obama went back home to ask Joe Biden, his vice president, the same question. "Joe, answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," said Biden. "Let me get back to you on that one..."

He went to his advisors and asked every one, but none could give him an answer. Finally, he ended up in the men's room and recognized Colin Powell's shoes in the next stall.

Biden asked Powell, "Colin, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Colin Powell yelled back, "That's easy, it's me!"

Biden smiled, and said, "Thanks!" Then, he went back to speak with Obama. "Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Colin Powell!"

Obama got up, stomped over to Biden, and angrily yelled into his face, "No, you idiot! It's Tony Blair!"

AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS PRECISELY WHAT'S GOING ON IN WASHINGTON D.C.