Movies That Make You Cry

There are 53 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 15,217 times. The latest Post () was by BILL OF PA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The only film I can remember crying at (and when I was only knee-high to a grasshopper) was: Born Free. I take that back, the only other movie I ever cried at was the first time I saw the Duke get killed--which was in: Sands of Iwo Jima. Also, there's something about hearing The Halls of Montezuma, that grabs the heart too.

I tried watching; How Green Way My Valley (because everyone says its so good but) I found that it was only a decent movie and moved too slow. No crying either.

I don't think I have ever seen 'ol Yeller, so I don't know if i'd cry watching that one or not?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• To Kill A Monkingbird. This is a great tear jerker. And my favorite all time movie. DON'T WORRY! A John Wayne movie makes the top 3.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I thought their was a thread here a while back about movies that make you cry but I couldn't find it.

Movies that make men cry according to The Sporting News.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/expert40/154833

1. Field of Dreams

2. Old Yeller

3 Brian's Song

4. Braveheart

5. Rudy

6. Pride of the Yankees

7. Saving Private Ryan

8. The Green Mile

9. E. T. The Extra-Terrestrial

10. The Passion of the Christ

11. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

12. Seabiscuit

13. Big Fish

14. Shawshank Redemption

16. Forrest Gump

17. Dead Poet's Society

18. Frequency

19. Schindler's List

20. It's A Wonderful Life

• No argument on Field of Dreams - it definitely touches a nerve everytime I see it because so much of it I can relate to.

Growing up in So. California, I used to play alot of baseball and I was a pretty good hitter - good enough, in fact, to be scouted and offered a minor league contract in the Cincinnati Reds organization.

But my dad and I had a falling out over something so stupid and so petty that I can't even remember what it was about now, but we went through alot of years where we had very little to say to each other and when we did actually talk, it was usually an argument.

And he never saw me play or came to any of my games and blah - blah - blah.

My father is dead now and now that I'm a father, when I look back, I know so much of it was my fault when I was younger and alot stupider and all he ever did was to work hard to put a good roof over the heads of his family and do the best he could.

And so in the final scene when Kevin Costner is having a game of catch with his dad, who also died many years earlier, it never fails to conjure up memories of my dad and all of the things I wish I had said to him when he was alive. Mainly "thanks for being such a great father to me"..!!

• Good list may2. I am surprise that SI did a survey of top movies that make men cry. I didn't know that men watched E.T. I have seen all those movies on the list. I may agree with most of them, but can't believe that Knute Rockne All American didn't make the list or even Rocky.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Vikings, The 13th Warrior, Life is Beautiful, Steel Magnolias, Gladiator and Space Cowboys

Greetings from North of the 49th

• A great choice, Jay. I love Somewhere In Time. Another one that wrecked my tear ducts was a 1983 movie titled Without a Trace, with Judd Hirsh and Kate Nelligan. The ending was very memorable.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• A strange one that comes to mind for me that involves tear-flow is Death Wish-where you really have to feel bad for Charles Bronson (the look on his face says it all) because his wife dies from her injuries from a sexual assault on her by three creeps. Samething can also be said when his Daughter dies while escaping her kidnappers-in Death Wish II.

There are alot of others that can bring brief tears to thine eyes but I can't think of their names at this time.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• 8 Seconds for me.
    That whole movie just stirs up so many emotions, call this cheesy, but one of my main inspirations for when I rodeo is Lane, not that I've done it for ages, but I probably wouldn't be as passionate about horses & cattle as I am without the influence of Lane Frost.
    Unfortunately I wasn't alive when he was, but I've got multiple tapes, and the movie of course.

Anyway enough rambling, apart from that, none really make me as emotional as that, songs, now that's a different story, there's a whole lot of them.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• None. It's not reality. Then again, I shed not a tear when my dad died, brother in law, sister in law, nope no tears. Then again, I don't laugh much either.

Maybe it's from growing up abused and tortured. Alas, that is another topic for another thread.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."