New Star Trek Film for 2008

There are 48 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,929 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• A new Star Trek film for 2008 sounds interesting with it concentrating on early lives of Kirk & Spock.

Mike

Star Trek film gets release date

Abrams said the new film would "chart its own course"

The 11th Star Trek film, to be directed by Lost creator JJ Abrams, will be released in the US on Christmas Day 2008, Paramount Pictures has announced.

The film, which will focus on the early lives of Captain James T Kirk and Mr Spock, will begin shooting this autumn.
    No further details have been announced and the movie has yet to be cast.
    But Abrams - who directed the third Mission: Impossible film last year - said he wanted "to make a picture for life-long fans and the uninitiated".
    "Needless to say I am honoured and excited to be part of this next chapter of Star Trek," he added.

'Brilliance and optimism'

The original Star Trek TV series, created by Gene Roddenberry, ran from 1966 to 1969.
    It went on to spawn 10 feature films, numerous spin-offs and a billion-dollar industry of books, computer games and consumer products.

PREVIOUS TREK FILMS
    The Motion Picture (1979)
    The Wrath of Khan (1982)
    The Search for Spock (1984)
    The Voyage Home (1986)
    The Final Frontier (1989)
    The Undiscovered Country (1991)
    Generations (1994)
    First Contact (1996)
    Insurrection (1998)
    Nemesis (2002)

The last Trek film, Star Trek: Nemesis, was released in 2002 and featured the stars of the Next Generation TV series.
    The most recent TV spin-off, Star Trek: Enterprise, came to an end in 2005.

The latest feature, which has yet to be named, will tell of Kirk and Spock's first meeting at Starfleet Academy and their first outer space mission.
    Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who worked with Abrams on Mission: Impossible III, have written the screenplay.

"If there's something I'm dying to see, it's the brilliance and optimism of Roddenberry's world brought back to the big screen," said Abrams.
    "Alex and Bob wrote an amazing script that embraces and respects Trek canon but charts its own course."
    Paramount Pictures chairman and CEO Brad Grey said he "could not be more thrilled to be back in business with JJ Abrams". As well as directing the film, Abrams will co-produce with Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof.

• I too am a Trek fan. I wonder who will be played both Kirk and Spock? I sure hope it is someone who at least sorta resembles them.

I know im being negative here but, if it's possible, you can bet that they will find a way to screw it up. However, I will keep an open mind about it.

And please, NO GEORGE CLOONEY, he is a Romulan spy!

Mr. Spock: "Live Long and Prosper."

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• This is so cool....my daughter and I are both big Trekkies. I would hate to be the casting director on this, Spock will be very difficult to find. We'll see....

Baby Sis

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• The info on this has been out for awhile now... They are also in the process of doing three webisodes with some of the older cast members. The new Star Trek movie is suppose to be released Christmas Day 2008... you can get more info here... Star Trek XI

As far as the webisodes you can get more info here... Of Gods and Men

There is also another fan project in the works that can be found here... New Voyages

If it's Star Trek... I know about it. Been a fan since I was a child and seen every episodes of every series at least three times, all 197 DVD's worth.

• I really enjoyed Nemesis, and look forward to a new movie. The actor who played Rocky's son in the last movie Rocky Balboa seems to have the physical traits to play a young Spock. I think his name is Vigo or something. As far as Kirk, I could only guess. Maybe DiCaprio??
    Bo

• I dont think they will go for a well known actors for the roles as they would bring so much baggage with them.

It will be interesting to see if they allow Kirk to play the role as he was in the original TV series.

A young Kirk could make the film an interesting possibility.

Mike

• Hi all,

I liked the original Star Trek TV show,
    and the movies with the original cast.
    So I'll look out for the new movie.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• I've heard a couple possibilities from a friend but he was under a production gag contract... we've been life long friends and he knows I'm a fan. He introduced me to Doohan several years ago. Can't wait to see a cast list.

• Not trying to change the subject or anything, but George Takei can be heard on the Howard Stern show this week if anyone here cares for Stern.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Not trying to change the subject or anything, but George Takei can be heard on the Howard Stern show this week if anyone here cares for Stern.

I don't get Sterns station, but I had heard somewhere that Mr. Sulu was on the radio for some reason. I wonder what George talks about?

• On the Stern show, anything and everything. But it seems like when they talk to him, I get the impression that their voices start to sound similar to George's. I don't think this is intentional, but he does have a distinctive voice and if you get the cance to listen to him on the show, he is hilarious.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Thanks GT, I would not mind doing so. I do like George Takai but wish he had not made t publicly known about some of his secrets. I would have never guessed that about him in a million years.

• Me either Ringo. And there he is in The Green Berets.

I agree. He was good in The Green berets. Another movie he was good in was: Hell To Eternity.

Gotta go till tomorrow--lib is closing.

Best -- C.