New John Wayne DVDs being released on 5/22

There are 37 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 21,200 times. The latest Post () was by arthurarnell.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Looks like another box set to order!! Gees, my wife is going to hate me!!

Plus I have to get the Rio Bravo SE version, that is a must!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Same here, except besides the Rio Bravo Ultimate Set I'll also be getting The Cowboys SE. One of his better movies and sad since it's one he dies in. My birthday is in June so that will be my excuse.

• Well, it looks like Amazon updated their site today, and put in the titles for the collection. For those who may have missed my last post, the link to the six film collection on Amazon is listed here. Moviesunlimited also has it available here.

Still waiting for DeepDiscount to get their act together.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Yep, just saw that myself, actually I had it marked for email when updated.

The John Wayne Film Collection (Without Reservations / Allegheny Uprising / Tycoon / Reunion in France / Big Jim McCain / Trouble Along the Way)

Still only $35.00 and since Amazon is sponsoring it, no shipping. :hyper:

• Thanks again, I'm off now to pre-order my set. Can't wait to see the transfer of Tycoon. I'm betting it will be right up there with Warner's efforts of 'She Wore A Yellow Ribbon' and 'Flying Leathernecks'!

• Hi

Just received my copy of the Spring edition of the John Wayne Film Society.

It is announcing the release on 14 May 2007 of the following region 2 DVDs

THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY (2 Disc Set) £12.99
    ISLAND IN THE SKY £9.99
    HONDO £9.99
    McLINTOCK £9.99

Also exclusive to member of the Society on DVD

IDOL OF THE CROWDS
    THE LONELY TRAIL
    PALS OF THE SADDLE

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi Arthur,
    It seems smart to be the member of the Society. By the way do you know some places in London where Duke DVDs can be bought in large choice.
    Regards,
    Vera

• I think between now and May they will be coming out with all kinds of editions of some of The Duke's better movies. So far I've seen The Cowboys Special Edition and The Cowboys Deluxe Edition. Since they are without full descriptions yet you can't tell what the difference is. I'm getting the feeling they are just trying to capitalize on his birthday. In my personal opinion, unless they do a big release like they did with The Searchers Ultimate Edition that had tons of gifts inside it these so called special releases may not be worth it.

I'm hoping that the Rio Bravo Ultimate Edition will be like The Searchers Ultimate release and I may pick up a couple nice new editions but some of them look like a scam. Maybe it's being done to peak interest, draw new people to love The Duke or who knows. Have to wait and see...

• If there is one thing that I am looking forward to is the Rio Bravo Ultimate Edition. I love that movie and would blindly buy it in the hopes that they clean up the picture and maybe do alittle more with the audio.

-John Wayne

• Viper, would it be worth the investment if you already have a copy like I have?

I already have a copy of it as well. I will just give my copy to my dad and keep the Ultimate version. That is what I did with my copy of The Searchers when the Ultimate version came out for that one.

So yes, it is worth it if I have a copy already.

-John Wayne

• If there is one thing that I am looking forward to is the Rio Bravo Ultimate Edition. I love that movie and would blindly buy it in the hopes that they clean up the picture and maybe do alittle more with the audio.

If there is improvement, digitally remastered, audio enhancement, etc. But if it's the same thing in a different package and a couple interviews than it's not worth it. I assume these new releases will all have something better done to them, but right now no site is showing what is better about the different/new releases. I too want the Rio Bravo Ultimate Edition, actually I pre-ordered it along with the big 6 movie set that's new with Trouble Along The Way and others.

But I read somewhere else on here that some places are trying to sell $1000 rifles and stuff. That's just greed. I really hope the emporium at Winterset will show me some good deals. To bad they don't have a pre-celebration listing, some of us could pick up the items for others.

• Hi Vera

The obvious choice for a London store is Harrods they have a very large DVD section and cater for every taste of film.

Equally HMV a dedicated music shop have a number of stores throughout the country. The two here in Portsmouth have a large range of John Wayne DVDs and the prices are coming down.

if you go on to the John Wayne Film Society website they also have a list of all of the films and CDs that are available. Some of which are not available in the shops.

It may be worth joining it costs £7.00p and is open world wide. I know that Roland joined and was very pleased.

If you want anymore information as to what films you are after send me an email and I'll try to be of assistance.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low