Newbie........

There are 14 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,774 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello Fellow Duke Fans!

Long time John Wayne fan. My dad introduced me to John Wayne at age of 8 years old and I have loved him ever since. (Never mind how long that is!)

Favorite Wayne Movies: Quiet Man. Ford Directing, Supporting Actor Victor Mclaglin, Leading Lady Maureen O'Hara, how can I go wrong???

Westerns: The Searchers, True Grit had to be amoung his best as far as his own acting. Beautiful Photography, great cast in the Searchers, True Grit just a great character for Wayne to play.

For some odd reason I enjoyed Wake Of The Red Witch and Flame Of The Barbary Coast. Both B moives but good entertainment.

There are few Wayne movies except for The Conqueror and The Barbarian and the Geisha that I would'nt sit and watch again and again. Those were two that just didn't 'work' for him. My opinion.

I hope to get in on some of the chats about Wayne. Hope I can learn more about John Wayne, an American Icon.

Take Care Pilgram:
    Red River J.............:shades_smile:

• Welcome RedRiver-J, you have come to the right place to chat about Duke. Glad you found us and don't be shy!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Greetings... you might want to take a look at a Centennial Celebration taking place the end of May. All the details are talked about in this thread:

http://www.dukewayne.com/thread2614.html

And direct info can be found on the main site:

http://www.johnwaynebirthplace.org/

Several of us are going and are probably going to get together Friday night. We also have a direct member link to the festivities which you can tell by reading the first thread. Welcome aboard.

• Welcome Red River J. You have come to the right place to find out about Duke and other topics. While here you can have a lot of fun, too, chatting with other members in many ways.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• There are few Wayne movies except for [The Conqueror] and The Barbarian and the Geisha that I would'nt sit and watch again and again. Those were two that just didn't 'work' for him.

Now don't say that, RRJ. I'll agree that Conqueror wasn't the Duke's finest hour but believe it or not, I really like him in BATG. Sure, he made many that are far better but for some reason, the thought of big old 6 foot, 4 inch Duke amongst all those little biddy Japanese just tickles me to death. :biggrin:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Red River J

Welcome to the site looks like you've built a fair gallery as well. keep coming the first one is the hardest and after 100 it gets easier.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• We've had a veritable explosion of new participants recently. Must be the centennial hoopla.

And here Robbie was complaining about the non-participating lurkers. Guess he spoke too soon.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Welcome Red River J!

I'm a Quiet Man fan myself as you can see from my avitar. This is a great group dedicated to the Duke. You'll learn a lot here so hang on and enjoy the ride!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Let me add my welcome to the rest, Red River J. Glad to meet ya. Hope to hear more from you soon. Sit and stay awhile :teeth_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "