There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,078 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Folks.
    My name's Will and I am an ex firefighter living in Bonnie Scotland. I came across this site when I was reading a posting on the Glen Campbell forum.

I have been a fan of the Duke's since I was 5 years old. My dad was the projectionist at the local cinema and he would take me with him when they were showing westerns, especially Big John's films.
    Before I became a firefighter I followed in Dad's footsteps and ended up as the chief projectionist till the cinema closed in the early 70's.

It's just in the past seven years that I have been able to indulge in my love of westerns and John Wayne. I have quite a few movies on DVD & VHS. And have a collection of western memorabilia. Including blank firing peacemakers and replica Winchester, boots, spurs and hats amongst others. We are only allowed replicas in the UK due to the Dunblane incident.

My favourite movie is True Grit has it starred my favourite actor and my favourite singer. When True Grit was shown at our Cinema I had a private viewing all to myself. No disturbance from any audience.

I look forward to reading all the posts and learning from those more knowledgeable than I.

Regards
    Will

• Will,

We'd like to join the others in welcoming you to the John Wayne Message Board, a GREAT place to be with other fans of the great John Wayne! We are real glad you found us.

My family heritage goes back to Scotland, to the Sutherland region.

If you haven't already discovered, we have quite a group from the UK - arthurarnell, ethanedwards, Robbie, Emmanuel, Duke Pilgrim . . . and others whose names escape me right now. Anyway, you are in good company, and not alone on your side of the "pond".

We look forward to getting to know you better in the days and weeks to come!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Will,

We're glad to have you along for the ride! Jump in and make yourself at home, pull up to the fire, pour yourself some of that cowboy coffee, and relax. Also, checkout the members map area located at http://www.dukewayne.com/vbgooglemapme.php and place your location, and also, feel free to use the free image hosting area ( http://www.dukewayne.com/vbimghost.php?do=viewimages&id=2 ) to store some of your Duke related images.

• Cowboy423, you have already been given a great welcome so I will not add anymore then to say from myself, Welcome to the site.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne