John's marriages

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,168 times. The latest Post () was by DakotaSurfer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Somewhere I read that Chata was a whore, truly. Ray Milland kept her for a time. Duke was unaware of this when he married her.

I wouldn't be surprised. During the divorce proceedings, and even before, her conduct was unquestionably pretty low, even for a hooker.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Chata claimed that Duke was cheating on her with Gail Russell, but the most stupidly funny thing was, she was in love with Nicky Hilton at the time and scribbled something on a napkin. A loyal servant scrounged it for Duke and gave it to him.

As I recall that napkin was very useful to the Duke.

• Now for another question. Are there any photo's of JW and his wives? Just curious what they looked like.

Here's the first set of photos... actually they are from the trading card set. Of which I have extra sets that I will be selling if your interested. Just click on the links to see the front and back of the cards...

Pilar Wayne.......Marisa Wayne.......Aissa Wayne.......Wayne Family

Father's Day 1967 (I did this at a high resolution so click on the photo to enlarge it and get a clearer image.)

• Thanks for the pics Dakota!

I think there is a valuable lesson to be learned from the Duke's relationships with his wives and work. We start out busting our hump to make a name for ourselves and bring home a better life for the family when in the end what the family wants is us in their life and we're not there because we're working to make more money to make a better life for our families.

If this sounds circular it's because the thing seems to spiral easily when we don't keep a check on our priorities.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• DS,

Thank you for the pics. With the help of this site I have started learning more about, John Wayne, the man.

I ordered some books from the library, two of which came in today. They have some really nice pictures of JW and his family.

As I ponder the stories shared about JW and his wives, what stands out to me is, that even though he was famous, he was still a man with the needs and hopes of most men. He wanted to provide well for his family, especially after the hardships he experienced growing up. He also wanted to just be one of the guys, and do things with his buddies. It's obvious to me that he loved making movies. It is hard for me to place the blame of the failed marriages on him. And I can't know exactly what his wives felt. Or his children, for that matter. What I do believe is it comes down to people allowing other's to be themselves, and not taking things so personally when someone does things that make it appear as if they don't care as much as they should. There's always room for improvement in our lives. And in John's case, I think it's true, he needed a wife that would be his buddy, as Pat was. A woman who'd love him unconditionally, and who could put his needs before her own. Maybe that sounds old fashioned, but, isn't that how true love is supposed to be? Pat saw JW and loved him in her own way, and that was what he needed.