John Wayne's Drink

There are 14 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,659 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I've been reading a lot on the net about John Wayne. A lot talk about his drinking habitss, but they are all different. One said his favorite concocjion(sp?) was part cough syrup and ground up aspirin. Could someone set me straight on this?

• I had read some years ago that he favored tequila and burbon, not mixed.

"Republic. I like the sound of that word"

Davy Crockett, The Alamo

• Duke's favorite drink, at least as has been written in numerous books and articles, was Commerotivo Tequila (Although I'm sure I spelled that wrong.).
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Colorado Bob;

You are right, He liked His "Salsa Commritriavo Tequila," and do not think I spelled it right myself, and He liked it on the Rocks. He always had a few Cases of it here at the 26 Bar Ranch!!! :fear2:

Chilibill :cowboy:

• Hello all
    I just happen to be looking at a bottle of Sauza Conmemorativo Tequila Anejo. It will be in my trunk when we drive to Monument Valley to enjoy visiting that and other attractions in Arizona and the other states we will visit. I have only read four books about John Wayne however there are many listed on a thread on this board. I printed a list of bios and other books and articles that are based on, or make reference to John wayne, from that thread and returned to my printer to see 18 pages stacked up. More then a few references to J W and alcohol mention the tequila and I may be forgetting something but I do not recall the syrup and aspirin combo. murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by kilo 6@May 13 2006, 09:43 PM
    Hello all
    I just happen to be looking at a bottle of Sauza Conmemorativo Tequila Anejo. It will be in my trunk when we drive to Monument Valley to enjoy visiting that and other attractions in Arizona and the other states we will visit. I have only read four books about John Wayne however there are many listed on a thread on this board. I printed a list of bios and other books and articles that are based on, or make reference to John wayne, from that thread and returned to my printer to see 18 pages stacked up. More then a few references to J W and alcohol mention the tequila and I may be forgetting something but I do not recall the syrup and aspirin combo. murray

[snapback]31276[/snapback]

Cool, atleast he got the good stuff.
    If anybody is interested, Anejo is a Tequila term for age, Anejo means Milenia, Anejo is a tequila that has aged the most before it is bottled.

Anejo(Milenia) aged 1 to 5 years in oak barrels
    Reposado(rested) 3-12 months in oak barrels
    Blanco(white) no aging, direct from distillation

I myself am particular to Sammy Hagar's brand of tequila, Cabo Wabo Anejo.

Either way you look at it, the Sauza Conmemorativo Tequila Anejo should be some smooth stuff!!! Don't forget the ice Murray!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Ok Viper, I've heard a lot about Hagar's Tequila. Can I get it over here and is it smooooooth?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Ok Viper, I've heard a lot about Hagar's Tequila. Can I get it over here and is it smooooooth?

Yes, you can get Cabo Wabo Tequila in the states. In fact any liquor store should have it or be able to order it.

The Anejo(brown bottle) version is roughly $60 a bottle. That is a sipping tequila. If you want to make drinks such as margaritas or as Sammy calls the Waborita's, then use the Blanco(white bottle, $30 bottle) or Repesado(blue bottle, $45 bottle). I bought a bottle of Anejo for my 40th B-day last year and it was gooooooooddddd!!!! You will not be disappointed.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• In the 1960s and 1970s Duke's fovorite Drink was Sauza Commemorativo Tequila, and Duke Bought it by the Case for the Bull Sales at His Ranches here in Arizona.

Back when Duke would Buy it here in Springerville at the only Store that Sold it here in Morman Country, they had Order it for Duke when they knew He was Coming to the Ranch.
    :hyper:

Back then Duke paid $28.00 a Bottle. I have not bought a Bottle in Many Years, but I am told that it sells for about $50.00 a Bottle Now!
    :ohmy:

Below you can Go To a Picture of a Bottle of the Sausa Commemorativo Tequila, and Duke with a Glass of it on The Rocks in His Hand.
    :drinks_wine:

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• I have not posted to this forum in a long time. Just trying to get back in. Very computer illiterate aand have been sick. Hope this gets me back in. Love the Duke. Hope I get a message in my e-mail. Sorry for being gone so long.

Harry