Happy Birthday Duke!

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,106 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I've been a John Wayne fan as long as I can remember. My Dad was a fan and he
    got my brothers and I watching his movies. We only had the three major networks on
    the air back then but there was often a JW movie on. Now I'm thankful for AMC and
    TCM for airing them. Especially this his BD weekend!!!! If they stop sooner than I want
    I can just pop in a DVD!! :smile: My Dad has been gone for 19 years now and some of
    my best memories of him are when we were watching JW. They were the best heroes
    any little girl could want. cummins1960

• Hi cummins1960,

Welcome to the site, and hope to see ya around more in the days, months, and years ahead!!

You have a similar story as I have, my Dad was and still is a big JW fan so I was also exposed to his movies as a kid. That's how JW jumps generations it seems, from parent to child. Endless cycle.

• Hi Cummins, welcome to this great site.

I share a similarity to you in that my parents both got me into watching John Waynes movies. My first memories are of the Duke in a Western movie. Also, my father had now been gone (as of August this year) will be 19 years now. Sorry for your loss. Best regards--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• This was brought out a few times this weekend as well. He was known as:

Duke
    Big Duke
    Duke Wayne
    John Wayne
    Mr. Wayne

but not...
    The Duke.