Hello from Springerville, AZ

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,797 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• As a newbie I wanted to let all know that I met the Duke at the 26 Bar Ranch in Round Valley, AZ, about 1968. He and his partner, Louis Johnson, had just purchased a ranch belonging to my Uncle, Pratt Udall. The Duke was Grand Marshall of the Round Valley 4th of July parade about that time. I've always held him in the highest regard.

Phil Hanson

• Hi Phil, welcome to the site. Coem share your stories sometime. We are all ears when it comes to talking about the "Duke".

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello Phil. Glad you found us. Please feel free to ellaborate on your visit to the ranch and any interaction you may have had with John Wayne. You'll find plenty of eager ears here. We all hold Duke in the highest regard and love talking about him. You found the right place. :thumbs_up:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• A warm WELCOME, Phil. Would love to hear any stories you may have about Duke. In the meantime, join in on anything about John Wayne or anything else.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hey Phil,
    I just joined this past weekend after attending the Duke's birthday celebration at the 26 Bar. We live in Hunt, AZ, it's on the other side of Concho. Were you at the ranch over the weekend? We are practically neighbors. Looking forward to your memories of the old ranch and John Wayne.
    Jane

• Phil
    Welcome aboard, just Flew back from the 26 Bar Ranch after One Big Weekend. Just get in Here on the Site, and have some Fun talking about John Wayne "The Duke" and Springerville, Eagar and the 26 Bar Ranch !
    :hyper:
    Sheepwoman
    I am looking at some Land over by were You Have Your Ranch.
    :shades_smile:

I Grew Up in Phoenix in the Late 1940s, with Many of the Udall's that were some of the Very First Early Pioneers here in Arizona.
    :teeth_smile:

Bill
    "Chilibill"
    :cowboy:

• Phil,

Welcome to the John Wayne Message Board, without a doubt the best of its kind on the 'Net!

Did we have the pleasure of meeting you at the 26 Bar this past weekend? We were there for the celebration of Duke's 100th birthday, and met quite a few wonderful John Wayne fans while there.

We echo the sentiments of those before us - please share your stories with us, and make yourself at home!

Chester :newyear: