There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,596 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm new to forums of any kind. Just visited the 26 Bar Ranch in Eagar,
    AZ. Met "Chili" Bill and listened to some of his stories of the Duke. Was there a more personal friendly star ever? I would have loved to ride in the War Wagon with him and share a little Wild Turkey.
    Like I said , I new to this stuff and won't participate much, but did want to thank for the opportunity to tell you all how much the duke inspired me both on and off screen.:russia:

• Hi Patriottoo

Just to say welcome to the site hope you hang around. The great thing about this is if you want to contribute to anything just go ahead and do it, and if you don't well thats alright as well.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hello and welcome to the site,Patriottoo. As Arthur stated, I hope you stick around and enoy this fine group of fans by contributing or just enjoying the posts. Either way, your with other fans of the Duke everytime you stop by. Glad you came.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Welocome to the board patriottoo. Even if you don't post mauch I hope you enjoy the website, that's what it is here for.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Patriot,

We'd like to join the others in welcoming you to the John Wayne message board! Obviously, we must have met, however briefly, at the 26 Bar. I was the "cowboy" assisting Chili Bill inside, and the Mrs. and our son were assisting folks outside, who were waiting.

We sure are glad to have you check out the board, and hope you will come back again!

Chester :newyear:

• I'm still trying to get the hang of this forum stuff. My wife and I recently visited the 26 Bar Ranch near Springerville-Egar AZ. It was the Valle Redondo Days celebration commemorating the Duke's 100th. Although not much of a photo journalist I took a few pictures and thought I would share them. I have uploaded them on the VB image host link.
    I guess that is they way to do it. I'd surely like to sweet talk the Hopi ranch manager into letting me come back with my horses and ride the range.

:beer::stunned:

"Nobody starts out to do this to himself"