YouTube Tributes to Duke

There are 94 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 44,370 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• What a COOL idea!

Did you have anything in particular in mind?

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

Hi Jim and Hi Sue

Just one idea how about something that reflects the truly global nature of our membership? Perhaps a picture of all the fans from each country with something representative of JW and his association with that country (where possible)

EG Australian fans could nominate someone to gather small pictures and cut and paste them into one picture with the cover of TV magazine where JW is featured at the logies.

BUT this is only one idea. I KNOW we have a wealth of talent and imagination here and we can come up with something spectacular.

How about sending a standee of JW to one of the famous landmarks in each country and taking a picture with as many members as we can muster Vera could put it by the Hermitage or one of those most wonderful Russian orthodox churches!!

I live in the north of England so I could take my standee and take a picture by the angel of the north or the Tyne Bridge or if it must be movie related the car park used in Get Carter?

then I thought I could mock something up like this pic below!!

Elly

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• In any case, who wants a John Wayne replica only 3 feet tall? I'd rather have a six foot
    cardboard stand up of Duke. At least it looks like him, and costs far less. :glare:

Chester :newyear:

Did you have a look at my suggestion for our youtube tribute? that involved a JW standee as well!

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Did you have a look at my suggestion for our youtube tribute? that involved a JW standee as well!

Yes Elly, I did see that suggestion for our youtube tribute. I think its a great idea.
    I wasn't quite sure how to get it started, as we're not too video proficent. Got any more Ideas on how to proceed ?

• Yes Elly, I did see that suggestion for our youtube tribute. I think its a great idea.
    I wasn't quite sure how to get it started, as we're not too video proficent. Got any more Ideas on how to proceed ?

Hi Jim

Well how about raising folks to go out and do the pics first? (if that is what we decide to do.)

Then I know kevin knows about this video stuff and I have been playing around with it in the last few weeks. So I would be very happy to get the pics and make a movie from them and I know Kevin would also do this.

• Hello Jim

I have tinkered with this video stuff a bit over the last few weeks so will help out there and our very own KEVIN knows about the video side of things. Now we just need to muster enough folks to take the pictures.

• Hello Jim
    Now we just need to muster enough folks to take the pictures.

In our case, we need to muster more TIME. My heart is in it, but it seems like we've been awful busy lately. We do have pics of the Mrs. and myself with our JW stand-up, I'll see if I can dig them up. There are the photos of us at the 26 Bar Ranch earlier this year.

• Mark,

The way you can post a YouTube directly here is to copy all the characters after the equal sign (=) in the web address, paste them into your post, then highlight those characters and click the little YouTube button just above the box where you type in your post (far right).

Try it with another one and see! I posted your link below as a direct YouTube player, using the method described above.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

The guy has some pretty decent artwork, better than some I've seen. He really captures Duke's eyes and facial expression very well in some of the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Thanks, Jim. I tried all the ways I knew (which ain't much :wink_smile: ), and came up blank. Now I will know. Thanks

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Does anyone know what music that is and if it came from a movie. I have heard it before but I cannot put a finger on it.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Jim,

Thanks, I realised it was in the wrong forum,
    but the drop down menu, was hiding behind the 'you tube',
    and I couldn't move it!! and we have two you tubes!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I've seen this before, but you can never see this enough, Chester. Thanks for this great tribute.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote