100 Years of John Wayne Winchester Model 1894 by Daisy

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,642 times. The latest Post () was by Jud.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• What do you think of the air rifle? 8

1. Nice Piece (3) 38%
    2. Not Interested (5) 63%

Has anyone heard of the 100 years of John Wayne air rifle by Daisy. If so what did you think about it.

Thank you

• Its a nice looking gun but too me its not worth the cost. Once again they price this stuff so high so the average guy cannot even think about buying it. Thats what has frustrated me on most of the 100th year stuff, its all very expensive.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Jud, welcome to the John Wayne Message Board! Glad to have you aboard!

In reference to your question, I "Googled" it and had a little trouble finding much information. I guess it became available in early May, and costs around $295. Sounds like a lot of money for a BB gun.

Do you know any more about it?

Chester :newyear:

• Well, since we're pointing out negative aspects, I found this web site - https://www.felixgroupllc.com/JW/ - where they tell more about this limited edition item.

Here are the pictures from the site -

DUKE STOCK2 WT BG_small.jpg

You'll notice that they engraved "The Duke" on it, and even though we all may sometimes refer to him as "THE Duke" he was really just Duke. Secondly, it seems they forgot to put a large ring on the reloading lever, which would be an another way to commemorate JW. If they had put a large ring on it, I might even have been interested in buying one at the elevated price, but right now you're getting the "official" 100 years of John Wayne logo on a $40 BB gun, and paying a big price for it.

Chester :newyear:

• Your exactly right and a few people mentioned that at Winterset. Duke or Duke Wayne was popular with him. But not THE Duke. Just a waste of money for a rifle that isn't engraved correctly.

• $300 for a BB gun ? I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid. I know we all agree that a thing is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, but geez!:thumbs_down: I had a Winchester 45-70 lever action I didn't pay that much for.

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."

• I'm not sure what their criteria are for approving or licensing items. Maybe made in this country is one, but I honestly don't know.

CHESTER! i know that not the case, must of the items sold at the birthplace are made in china. i think it's the nature of the beast.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''