Just wanted to say Hello

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,239 times. The latest Post () was by little lady 42.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This is my first posting on this site and sure hope it is not my last. I have a lot to learn about posting, the thought of all these John Wayne fans is wonderful. In 1997 I was lucky enough to take a short cruise on the "Wild Goose". A dream come true. I have many JW collectibles and enjoy seeing all his movies on TV and DVD's. He will always be the one who represents our Service Men and Women with such honor. I look forward to being part of this group of his fans.

• Welcome, welcome:teeth_smile: and may I say I am seriously envious, some day please supply details on the cruise.

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."

• Hello and welcome aboard, little lady 42. We are glad to have you with us. I am looking foward to getting to know you. Jump right in and have fun.:teeth_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• In 1994 there was a "John Wayne Convention" in Akron, OH. At that time I joined Duke's Hollywood Cowboys. It is for folks like us that want to keep his memory alive with all the wonderful things that he did, not only in his movies but throughout his life. I was able to meet and get to know Ermal Williamson and his lovely wife Betty. Through DHC for JW's birthday they had a cruise planned on the Wild Goose. I flew to CA and spent a great weekend with other impersonators and had a wonderful time. To see where he enjoyed time with family and friends was wonderful. Ermal took me where part of the "Searchers" was filmed with Nat Wood and JW in the cave. It was a once in a life time opportunity and I will never forget it. We also went to JW's grave site and at that time there was no marker. I have not been able to get back since one was place on the grave. Standing there and seeing the view he has of the ocean is remarkable.:wink_smile: I look forward to talking with more of his greatest fans. Just hope I can learn how to do all this.

• Just hope I can learn how to do all this.

Looks like you've figured it out pretty well so far :wink_smile: .

I joined the DHC about 4 years ago, just before JW's birthday celebration in Tombstone, AZ, which I attended with my wife and 2 youngest children. We met Ermal and Betty for the first time. It was just shortly after that that the DHC disbanded, and Ermal moved to Branson, Missouri.

The Mrs, and I, along with three of our children, were at Valle Redondo Days in Eagar/Springerville, AZ just last month, again to celebrate JW's birthday, and got to see Ermal again, as he was part of those festivities. Betty wasn't with him this time, and he has since partnered with Paula Cravens ("America's Yodeling Sweetheart") for performances. They put on a pretty good show!

Hope to see you again soon, little lady!

Chester :newyear:

• Sounds like you had a good time, I had wanted to go, but was in FL at that time. We have been to Branson and saw Ermal perform and went to a few other shows with them. This was before Paula was performing with him. He and Betty were just in the process of buying "The Landings". It was a great time. It is too bad we don't have the dedication to the movies that JW had and had good family movies that we could take the kids and enjoy. I am so please that we have a place to share our love of such a great man. Look foward to meeting lots of new folks on the site.

Have a great day,
    Marilyn (Little Lady 42):wink_smile:

• Seems I'm always a day late and a dollar short, but let me also WELCOME you, little lady 42, to the JWMB along with the other well-wishers here. I think you will find yourself in great company and have a lot of fun to boot!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi little lady 42 and welcome to the site. As you have already found out we have alot of connections around the country and the world with Duke fans. Glad you found us and enjoy the website.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• :wink_smile: I've got a lot to learn as to how to post and reply, but really feel this is going to be a very long and lasting relationship.

Thanks to all who said Hello

• Will try and dig out some photos and include in anothe posting!!! What a great time and the on-line tour is really great.

JW is the best actor of any era!!!:wink_smile:

• this is so amazing, and I have a lot to learn, hope you will all give me time to get the hang of this. Great so see so many JW fans and enjoying reading all the intersting things you all have posted.

Safe Travels
    Little Lady 42