Newish member from U.K.

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,485 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi all, I have been a member of this site for a little while, but haven't put anything on the message board and I feel its time I told you a bit about myself. My real name is Clive, I am 42 years old and live in the U.K. I have been a fan of John Wayne as far back as I can remember, after sitting watching the Saturday afternoon films with my dad, a in them days they nearly always had a John Wayne film on. I am the owner of the yahoo website called johnwaynefans which I was a moderator since 1999. My friend Clay Perkins owned the site and we ran the club together until he passed away on 6th March 2006. I know a few of the member here, know the site and have had a chat with him in the past. On the yahoo site I post every two weeks a film fact for a John Wayne film, it has been warmly welcombed by the members who enjoy reading them. Chester got in touch with me recently and asked if he could post them on this site, which I agreed and that the next time I put on a film fact for the yahoo site, I will add it to this site as well. He also mentioned to me about my other hero, The Saint, and told me that Leslie Charteris, the author of the Saint books was married to Audrey Long who was in the John Wayne film Tall in The Saddle. I told Chester that recently I have found another hero, with a small connection to John Wayne and that is the Matt Helm series of books by Donald Hamilton. In nearly all his books, Donald Hamilton mentions John Wayne, so I assume by that, that he too was a John Wayne fan. I look forward to talking to you in the future and I hope that you get a chance to look at the film facts I post. Thanks again for letting me join the club. Clive.

• Hello and welcome to the board, Clive. I'm glad Chester coaxed you into posting. I am looking foward to reading your film facts and hope to see you more around here. The more JW fans here the better.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hello Clive,

A big Texas welcome to JWMB. I am new here as well and have fallen in love with the place. Glad Chester sent you here, and I know you will make a lot of friend's. These people feel as true as Duke himself!

Is that a John Wayne clock and picture on the wall behind you?

Cindy

• Clive,

Welcome from this side of the Pond. I am also a fan of the Matt Helm books, I think I read my first one 35 years ago when I was but a lad. I have to say I was very disappointed in the films. Dean Martin made Matt Helm look like a goof, or should I say the writers did?

Let's have those facts!

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."