John Wayne's hat & Mother Shipton

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,440 times. The latest Post () was by arthurarnell.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

My wife has been in Yorkshire on business this weekend, and when she phoned me last night told me that she had spent the day in Knaresbourgh where she had seen John Wayne's hat.

The brits may know what I am talking about with reference to Mother Shipton, our cousins may be slightly bewildered, with the exception of William who might know what I am referring too.

Anyway leaving a slight air of mystery be patient for as the actress said to the bishop all will be revealed shortly.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I did that and the only image I found was of some woman wearing what we would refer to as a pilgrim hat.

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."

• Hi

And now to the answer Mother Shipton was born in 1488 and had the gift of making prophices. She looked like a witch and foretold the Spanish Armada the discovery of the potato and tobacco the great fire and plague of london.

Around the cave she lived in was another cave with running water that was known as the Petrifying Well. it supposedly had magical healing powers. the high mineral content meant that turned everything to stone.

People used to hang their hats and teddy bears in the water and see them turn to stone over a period. Included among the celebrities who have donated items are Queen Victoria
    Agatha Christie and to get to the point of the story one of John Waynes hats.

So thre you have it.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Is there any way to see pics of the hat?

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."