America the good things

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,908 times. The latest Post () was by Elly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• hello again

I am putting together a list of JW audio items and wondered if someone can please tell me when JW recorded this and why?

America the good things

thanks

Elly

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• I have the book that came out with the original album. The book was published in 1977. The book contains info about each song, photos and the sheet music for the song along with the lyrics. He gives a three page description for this song. In the book he says:

Quote from John Wayne-Copyright 1977

"It's no real chore for me to write about The Good Things of America, although I wondered for quite a while as to why it was so hard to start. Then it came to me loud and clear. there are so many good things about America, I found myself trying to eliminate hundreds of them and I might at least not write a book on the subject. It was then that I decided to dwell upon facets of America that in each case covers a sea of individual Good Things."

There are three more pages of what he felt about the song. The book is excellent reading. The book was published by Simon and Schuster, New York with Billy Liebert and John Mitchum. The back of the dust cover has a short statement by Duke which he signs. This is the book cover:

Looks like the album cover.