Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 141,512 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Stopped following NFL when Tom Landry retired---but I must confess, I'm a Sooner, born and bred. Grew up in Norman. I'm Crimson and Cream, all the way through!

• I'm a Sooner, born and bred. Grew up in Norman. I'm Crimson and Cream, all the way through!

You're my kind of people, Mattie Lee. My maternal grandma's folks lived in Norman and when I was young, we used to visit up there quite often. It's sad - since that branch of the family has all died, the old homestead at 819 East Hughbert has been turned into a rental house and naturally, has fallen into disrepair. I spent much of my childhood in that house and I really hate to see it in such bad condition.

I was born and have lived much of my life in Tejas but my football loyalties lie entirely in Owen Field.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• 12 pack, I'm a Chiefs fan so I believe my odds of them winning are a little worse than you and your Falcons. None the less you gotta love football season. :shades_smile:

I don't know, oliver13, the Chiefs sure gave my Ravens a scare last Sunday. What was sure to be an easy win turned into a nail biter for a while. When your Quarterback comes back, they may just put up a worthy fight.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Anyone else watch the Florida-Alabama game this afternoon? The Tide just flat outplayed the Number One????????? team. Bear's boys definitely deserve to play for the national championship.

• The Texas/Alabama shootout ought to be a good'un!

The Horns better display a lot more offense than they had in the Nebraska shootout or they're gonna get their butts kicked. A good defense is fine but offensive firepower helps too.

• You might find this odd, but I think I'm pulling for Texas in this game. The fans here are impossible. It reminds me of the '70s when Alabama dominated the decade. I was a Tennessee fan then, and they were so rude. Now I am an Auburn Alumi, I really can't stand them. It isn't the players, coaches or school, it's the red neck fans that make me sick. It doens't get better if they carry a National Championship. They got about everything else. By the way, congratulations Mark Ingram (Alabama) for the Heisman.

It's going to be a rough month, so hook 'em horns!

War Eagle!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote