Very Very Important

There are 23 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,708 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Is there anyone on this board that currently resides in New Jersey? This is very important. Please let me know as soon as possible. Even if you live across the bridge or somewhere close to a NJ border. I would appreciate an immedtate contact. Thank you!

• could not get to jersey this weeked will check it out later in the week.

Don't worry about it Bill. The tickets came out in April and I believe the game is over already. Thanks anyway. You'd have to let me know on the other forum since I'll be devoting my entire time over there from now on.

• DS - you will certainly be missed here on the board.:cry2: Your information and comments have been greatly appreciated, no matter what anyone else says.:teeth_smile:
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Personally, I don't want to see you leave either Michael. You have been like a Big Brother Figure and a Teacher Figure, to me. I hope you will see this and will please stay here.

Also, when I finally can get the :present: :present: you gave me in operation, I would like you to be able to see how I am here as well :wink_smile: I like and will support both sites no problem. :thumbs_up:

Best regards--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• It makes it very difficult to stay hear and watch a certain "Moderator" bad mouth me and the other site simply because I told someone I was fulfilling her request that was made on the other board. I've never put a direct link for that person, I kept it as vague as possible just so the person knew the info was available. I understand there are some hard feelings that this board wasn't selected to be the main forum but some people just don't understand that it just wasn't going to be possible for that to happen. I'm sure that moderator thinks I should have just posted the list here but Ethan has entrusted me to do what's best for the Official Message Board. And now in turn that moderator has posted nearly every list from the book I was using and has ruined any chance for us to run the sort of contests we were wanting to run for the members.

I enjoyed helping out this board with the buttons, getting the word out and I'm sure it's paid off quite a bit with many new members. But I never expected the opportunity of a lifetime to fall in my lap like it did. The new Official Board is going to go places. It won't dry up and fade away, many people will have to learn to live with that. It's something that I have been told that the family has wanted to do for a long time. But what hurts after what I've done for this board is to be accused of "redirecting our members, to other sites!" That is something I have absolutely NOT done. To accuse me of that only shows that persons ignorance. Although I do know the reverse is being done. I was recently approached about a PM they received about this site.

I hoped we could share information, not necessarily work together but make it easy for the two places to co-exist. I know there is a problem that legal council has put a stipulation that other forums can NOT be mentioned elsewhere but that's not my fault and there are reasons. Wayne Enterprises holds the licensing for much of the Wayne legacy and believe it or not many of his films and images are still the property of many of the studios. There are many things posted over here that wouldn't pass the scrutiny of the complex copyright laws. We already had to remove two posts for that reason and I know it's made people mad but the site is what it is. The Official Legacy of John Wayne. With that title comes responsibility, guidelines and organizations that will scrutinize everything we do. I'm working on a project for the Official Forum that will take awhile since every turn has to be approved and scrutinized. It's not Michael's fault while he was in charge or Ethan's fault now that he is in charge or the attorney's fault for interpreting the laws but it's the fault of the crazy rules and regulations of our Congress and private entities like the MPAA, RIAA and other groups associated with movies, music and others.

I do what I have to do to make the new site operate smoothly. If certain people here are going to continue to make it difficult and a constant "battle of the sites" then it's just going to hurt both boards. And rather then having to deal with that constant battle I felt it was just easier to leave. It's 3 a.m. here and I have a full day tomorrow. So there are choices available! Some people need to think it through.

• Personally, I feel that there is more than enough room on the net for more than one GREAT site about the Duke and his life etc. I could never totally stay just on one site and not support the other.

This one was my first "home" for sure. Both sites will have their fair share of really good, decent people as members. :thumbs_up:

At least one thing is for sure, that the Wayne Family knows how we all feel about their Dad.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Now I am lost....

What mod is doing what to DS?

Leave for a couple weeks and look what happens...Worse then the weather in Minnesota changing every other day!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Now I am lost....

What mod is doing what to DS?

Leave for a couple weeks and look what happens...Worse then the weather in Minnesota changing every other day!!!

You shouldn't leave next time. But I wouldn't worry about it. Like it or not johnwayne.com is the Official website and I have an obligation to that site over any other. I appreciate the supportive comments I've received but this isn't worth it. People can belong to as many forums as they want, maybe a thread talking about the other forum should be moderated to keep this one Mod happy if anything could make him happy.

• Dakota--I'm just a new person here but if I were you, judging what I have read in this thread, I would not cut off all ties with this board. You should do what John Wayne himself did in many movies, from "How The West Was Won" and "Cast A Giant Shadow" to things like "I Married A Woman" and "Cancel My Reservation" -- make a 'cameo appearance' here now and then.

I am a huge fan of Laurel and Hardy ('Babe' Hardy, Duke's co-star in "The Fighting Kentuckian") and of Sharon Tate (her life, not her death) and I pipe in, here and there, on all the official message boards: I know a lot about them and others and if someone needs correct information or suggestions and I know the facts, I let them know. Remember, we are members of a 'fan community' -- if somebody told me 20 years ago I would be exchanging information that I would have never have dreamed being asked in my normal, everyday life, I would have told them them they'd had one too many tequila mockingbirds. But now it's common and routine to many online these days--I never lost that awe, I feel many here haven't either and would welcome and keep welcoming anyone and everyone who is a true fan, like yourself.

To be asked by the Wayne family is a great honour and I don't know the logistics of all this but suffice to say, keep mooching in here--you're a fan, right? --and I for one will be in here and 'over there' in the Official territories (God knows, John Wayne himself used to freelance between studios during his film career!) and keep in touch. You may be hanging up your 'sheriff' badge in this county but you'll always be welcome in these here parts.

• I hope DS knows that he is welcome here as is anyone!

I believe the point that was posted by EE was don't just post here about a discussion somewhere else, when the discussion can and is being talked about here. We want to foster active discussions here. This is not to say that the official forum can't be referenced here, because it can, I even posted the original post about the new site coming. Even though the official site has a policy about not linking to other sources on the web, we don't. And we pride ourselves here with being pretty wide open here (and have been criticized for this position also) which is not the case over at johnwayne.com!

As I told DS offline the JW community is big enough for many different sites/forum and all. That's been my thought from the beginning, and I have never believed that this site would ever be appointed the official site, it would have stifled many of the discussions that we have here.

So the official stance here is anyone can post about the official board at http://johnwayne.com/board/ as they see fit, no issue there. Just don't post in threads simply to say goto the official forum to discuss this etc.

• I fostered no discussion about another site. Your Mod was out-of-line and I was offended that he's allowed to get by with that crap. That's why I won't continue to contribute here.

• I fostered no discussion about another site. Your Mod was out-of-line and I was offended that he's allowed to get by with that crap. That's why I won't continue to contribute here.

Out-of-line? No he was posting what he was observing. There wasn't anything out of line about his post. He called you out and that's why your defensive, simple as that. But we'll continue to allow our members to cross post, it's the great American way, hope that you can allow it over there at the official site.

• There is a list posted elsewhere Elly. It came from one of my reference books. It was copyrighted in 1985 so it should be correct.

Need I say more.
    DS made an error of judgment,
    which he would not allow on the Official Forum,
    and as now amended their rules, accordingly.
    His response should have been made on our Forum,
    which in turn, prompted us to post our own list.
    Sadly, all he is achieving is alienating
    even more members from joining his forum.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I've amended no rules, they were there when the site was opened. And I can't make any rules without permission. Any decisions made on policy are NOT mine. So before you go accusing me again, get the facts right. I can't even start a contest or make a filmography without permission. Everything that is posted is watched by legal counsel. And that's the way I prefer it so the decisions are not mine.

And I say again, I fostered no discussion. You tell me where in my 25 word post to Elly where I told her where the list was. It could have been on my website for that matter. If you get johnwayne.com out of the w But you'll twist it to fit your needs.

Everything was fine when I was filling this site with images, information and contributing over 1000 posts in less than 6 months. I even went so far as to help pay and distribute advertising for this site. Yes, some others were generous to help with the costs but I put money towards it as well. My wife and I took time from our vacation to pass out these buttons. We spent all our extra time around the Birthplace passing out these buttons. These buttons are even being sold at the gift shop and I know this site has gotten members from those buttons.

So right before I went to Winterset I was approached to be a moderator here which I might add they even went far enough to call me on the phone about the position here. All the praise, the good job, the contributions, BUT, after I received the position elsewhere I never heard another word, not even a sorry but have to withdraw the offer. Not a word was said to me. I was dropped faster than a hooker with an STD.

But now I have become some kind of poison. I'm beginning to believe that person in the movie forum wasn't too far off in their assessment as crazy as they may be if someone doesn't bleed dukewayne.com they get exorcised from here. Forced out, made to look bad, whatever it takes to build a shroud around this forum and keep the rest of the competing world out.

I might add that I let people use this forums url as their website on the official site, it's even been mentioned a couple times by the JWMB letters only and I haven't done anything. As a matter of fact I just did a search over there for the JWMB and it came up in 7 different posts. I was letting things like that slide. I didn't want to get that picky about the rules but maybe it should be totally enforced because I make one totally anonymous statement and I become the enemy.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone thrown to the wolves as fast as I have been. I'm sure this statement will be deleted so as to not shed a bad light on the forum. But maybe a couple of you will see my last defense.

It was nice getting to know some of you people. I hope I helped some of you when I was active here. I've made several friends and I'll miss our chats, public and private. I hope Carl gets an Internet connection soon so he can enjoy that computer. Good Luck and God Bless!

• And I say again, I fostered no discussion. You tell me where in my 25 word post to Elly where I told her where the list was. It could have been on my website for that matter. If you get johnwayne.com out of the w But you'll twist it to fit your needs.

You're right, you made no direct reference. While it is true that a newbie to the board would have no idea where "elsewhere" is, to anyone who's been around here for awhile, it was kind of obvious what you meant. It would have been nice if you had posted it here, too. What would it have hurt to do that? While I agree Keith's response to your post was a little curt, I would hardly deem it an attack. Certainly not enough to warrant stripping your profile of everything, including all your photos - the proverbial "picking up your marbles and going home".

Everything was fine when I was filling this site with images, information and contributing over 1000 posts in less than 6 months. I even went so far as to help pay and distribute advertising for this site. Yes, some others were generous to help with the costs but I put money towards it as well. My wife and I took time from our vacation to pass out these buttons. We spent all our extra time around the Birthplace passing out these buttons. These buttons are even being sold at the gift shop and I know this site has gotten members from those buttons.

Your point? I think everybody here is very appreciative of what you have done. Also remember that you were just as much on that band wagon at the time.

So right before I went to Winterset I was approached to be a moderator here which I might add they even went far enough to call me on the phone about the position here. All the praise, the good job, the contributions, BUT, after I received the position elsewhere I never heard another word, not even a sorry but have to withdraw the offer. Not a word was said to me. I was dropped faster than a hooker with an STD.

I was certainly the mod who spoke with you about you possibly becoming a moderator here. After I mentioned it to you, Kevin and I chatted about it as well. Possibly he even might have exchanged a PM or two about it (I don't know). I also remember that while it was still in the thinking stage (a very short time, a matter of days), you were offered the position at the Official site. We congratulated you both here and there on your appointment. I take full responsibility for not contacting you again regarding a position here, being under the presumption that with your job over there, you wouldn't be able to take this one (conflict of interest type thing, more on their end than ours, from a legal standpoint), or that you would even be interested any more, with a chance to be mod (ultimately admin) at the Official board. My mistake. If you interpreted all of our congratulations as "dropping you like a hooker with an STD", I apologize.

But now I have become some kind of poison. I'm beginning to believe that person in the movie forum wasn't too far off in their assessment as crazy as they may be if someone doesn't bleed dukewayne.com they get exorcised from here. Forced out, made to look bad, whatever it takes to build a shroud around this forum and keep the rest of the competing world out.

I hate to say this, DS, but I think your attitude is creating this poison more than anything else. No one has forced you out or tried to make you look bad. I don't see anyone building a shroud. This forum is open to those who want to discuss John Wayne, and in the Off Topic Discussions, anything else they want, within the bounds of decency.

I might add that I let people use this forums url as their website on the official site, it's even been mentioned a couple times by the JWMB letters only and I haven't done anything. As a matter of fact I just did a search over there for the JWMB and it came up in 7 different posts. I was letting things like that slide. I didn't want to get that picky about the rules but maybe it should be totally enforced because I make one totally anonymous statement and I become the enemy.

I don't know how many people are using this site's url as their website. I am assuming it is only Kevin, and I guess he has a right to do that. But if the powers that be at Wayne Enterprises deem that not to be so, I'm sure you'll take care of it.

As to people making reference to JWMB, it was simply in the introductory thread, where folks were saying Howdy to others, and mentioning it in that way. Nobody was redirecting anyone here. I would think that would be good advertising, that a bunch of people from "somewhere else" are all congregating at your site.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone thrown to the wolves as fast as I have been. I'm sure this statement will be deleted so as to not shed a bad light on the forum. But maybe a couple of you will see my last defense.

Not only will I not delete it, I will bold it and put it in red. Unless another moderator deletes both your post and mine, it will be here for all to read, for as long as the internet is around.

I don't see where you have "been thrown to the wolves". I do think you are totally over-reacting to what you consider scolding by a particular moderator. You're an adult. Didn't anyone ever tell you to ignore some things, let it roll of you like water off a duck's back? We're talking minor stuff, which ignored would have gone no farther than the other person's remark.

It was nice getting to know some of you people. I hope I helped some of you when I was active here. I've made several friends and I'll miss our chats, public and private. I hope Carl gets an Internet connection soon so he can enjoy that computer. Good Luck and God Bless!

Plenty of those folks will continue to chat with you over at johnwayne.com, so it's not like you're never going to see them again. I'm sorry it's ended like this, with hard feelings on the part of some.

Maybe we should all regroup, and get back to our main focus, John Wayne.

Chester :newyear: