New Member Intro

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,135 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello Friends,
    I dont know why I didnt find this place along time ago. But, as soon as I did, I had to sign up. I grew up watching John Wayne Movies and I never get tired of seeing them. Anytime I'm feeling down or stressed; I just put on a good John Wayne movie and forget my troubles. Anytime your in doubt about how to handle a problem; just do it John Wayne style.........strait through the front door with a colt in one hand and whirling a winchester in the other! At least it always worked for The Duke.
    Oh yeah! My name id Dave. I live in upstate NY. I have about 100 JW movies in my collection.......maybe more.

• Dave,

WELCOME to the John Wayne Message Board! We're glad you found us, and hope you'll make it a long-lasting relationship with the fans here at the JWMB.

There's plenty to read and learn. Start out right here in the Newbie forum, for many informative threads. We hope you will take the time to post in some of them and give us a chance to get to know you better.

We look forward to "seeing" you again soon!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• First of all,

WELCOME to the westerner
    to the most friendly and informative John Wayne Forum there is.
    Hope you join in and have a look around, Movies, Co-Stars, Books etc.

Congratulations to our Arthur, for being online at the right time!!
    Maximus Glutionos, indeed!!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hello Dave and welcome.....

We have a great group of people here. Glad you found us and took the plunge!!

See you around...

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello and welcome to the forum, Dave. Don't be a stranger, jump right in and have fun with us. :teeth_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Welcome. I own all of JW's movies and I agree with you about how you can forget about reality and enjoy a good JW movie. I recently purchased the new DVD special editions of Searchers and Rio Bravo. I once drove all the way to the Cowboy Hall of Fame in Okahoma with $2000 in my pocket to buy JW merchandise and they didn't have a single thing I didn't already own. Too funny. Again, welcome.

• dallas,

I looked up Mescal, AZ on Mapquest and see you are right in the middle of Duke's old stomping grounds. We must have driven right by you in 2003, when we went down to Tombstone to celebrate Duke's 96th birthday with Duke's Hollywood Cowboys. There were plenty of folks dressed in old Western style garb. Do you do that, too? Maybe we crossed paths that weekend (strains of Twilight Zone music . . . . ).

Have you been up to Eagar/Springerville, to the 26 Bar Ranch? Our member Chilibill spends quite a bit of time there, and he has some GREAT tales to tell, as he was an extra in some of Duke's movies back in the late forties. If you haven't been there, you should go!

Chester :newyear: