Howdy From Texas

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,361 times. The latest Post () was by timt.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This looks like a great site, and I am glad I joined. Look's as if I will be in good company here with many other Duke fans. Tim

• Thank's for the kind welcome Chester. I have lived in Texas since 1969 and never knew that there was an Alamo Village. To be matter of fact, I only this last summer made my first trip to the real Alamo.

It's a shame to know I had lived here all that time and never seen one of the most important parts of history. Tim

• Hello and welcome to the board, timt. Glad you found us. Jump right in and have fun.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi Tim

Welcome aboard from a JW fan from across the pond! I have replied to your question about how to tell if something is real.

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do.

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Hi Tim and a big WELCOME to this great message board. Don't feel bad about not knowing about interesting places. I live only 3 and a half miles from the Alamo and only have visited it a few times.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• A BIG HELLO TIM. i've been fascinated with the alamo since i was a kid only took me 54 years to get there. you can have a good time here.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• I have lived in Texas since 1969 and never knew that there was an Alamo Village. To be matter of fact, I only this last summer made my first trip to the real Alamo.

It's a shame to know I had lived here all that time and never seen one of the most important parts of history. Tim

Quote from BILL OF PA

i've been fascinated with the alamo since i was a kid only took me 54 years to get there. you can have a good time here.

Tim, where in Texas do you live? Close to the Alamo or far (which in a state the size of TX wouldn't be hard)?

Bill, you have an excuse for taking 54 years to get there, you live in PA!

Chester :newyear:

• So that's . . . what . . . about a three hour drive?

I can't criticize you for not getting to the Alamo. We are about 3 hours from Sacramento, and yet we have not been to some of the museums there that have some historical significance (Sutter's Mill, for example).

The good news is, you finally made it! :teeth_smile:

Chester :newyear:

• I keep asking myself why I don't vacation in Texas. I have been to California and Florida countless times but never seen the Alamo till this year. I still have not seen the Davis Mountains or other great South Texas treasures.