Best Villain Western Or Non Western

There are 66 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 34,787 times. The latest Post () was by Big Jake Jr..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I really have to go with Lee Marvin here, absolutely the best "heavy" of all time, IMHO. Incidentally, I was thinking about this the other day, and off the top of my head I think that Lee Marvin may have more screen deaths per film then any other player. Think about it: Liberty Valance, The Comancheros, Seven Men From Now, The Stranger Wore a Gun, The Killers, ect... It seems like almost every film I've seen him in, he's always getting blown off the screen in the last reel. Those distinctive lips of his with a cigarette between them and a five-o'clock shadow around them was certainly one of the most menacing sights on the screen.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• hello H SANADA! what i mean by villian is the evil person or persons, who holds the movie together by being so good at being bad.take care.bill

Bill of Pa
    roger! Thanks for your clear explanation.
    evil person, i instantly remember Jack Palance in SHANE already refered by arthurmell.
    Palance was black-fashioned,black gloves,black coffee and cold heart gunman.
    he has a big impact,

regard,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• i almost forgot one of my favorite villians of all time is odd job from goldfinger.

Yeah! I remember that guy . . . that was way before throwing stars were so popular, and he had the "throwing hat" with the razor edged brim. All of us kids in those days thought it was really neat!

Chester :newyear:

• Oh,I also remember "Odd Job ".
    He was born in Hawai,of Japanese descent .
    and was a famous wrestler.
    In Goldfinger, Odd Job vs 007 was a good fighting scene.

regards.
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• "Harold Sakata" played Odd Job in the film Goldfinger and was a Real Gentleman in Real Life, and He was also a Olympic Weightlifter and a Great Judo Man !
    He was Born near Kona Hawaii and passed away in Hawaii in 1982.
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Hi Bill

To answer your question Lawrence Olivier playing a badman opposite Dustin Hoffman was asked by Hoffman how he got his motivation. Olivier said simply, "its called acting".

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Bruce Dern was awesome in the cowboys.The Duke said to him before they filmed the fight scene."They're gonna hate you for this".

• He doesn't speek a word but Raymong Burr in Rear Window. The scene where Thorwald realizes he's being watched and he stares across the street at Jimmy Stewart scarred me to death the first time I saw it.

• I didn't see him here, but how about Cool Hand Luke, the gaurd with the sunglasses who doesn't speak.

[SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]

• Lest we forget the female variety of villains . . .

How about Louise Fletcher as Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

How about Cruella de Ville in the 101 Dalmations movies? What a wicked woman! Those poor little puppies :cry2:.

Here's another woman villain - Kathy Bates in Misery (another Stephen King offering) and Miss Hannigan in Annie.

And last, but not least :shades_smile: (at least for this post) - Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• how about " he who must not be named" in the Harry Potter books, pure evil would not like to meet him in a dark alley on a dark night

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"