New Fan here............

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,383 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I have just joined and I am glad I did. I have been a Duke fan for as long as I can
    remember ( I am now 53). My name is Tony, I lived in Tasmania, Australia.

I am now collecting DVD's and they have a John Wayne collection going that I have
    the first 6 DVD's and an accompanying book that tells about the movies and the cast.

The first 6 so far are:
    The Searchers
    Rooster Cogburn
    Hellfighters
    Rio Lobo
    Stagecoach
    They Were Expendable
    and Chisum is the one out this week.

I really enjoy collecting Duke's movies, I have already picked up:
    The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallence
    Rio Grande
    The Undefeated
    The Horse Soldiers
    The Alamo
    Angel and The Badman
    How the West Was Won
    plus a few of his older ones I was lucky to pick up.

I look forward to hearing from the members and learning more.
    All the best

Tony

• Hi Tony

Let me be the first to welcome you to the John Wayne forum. it 's pretty good and I hope you will stay and enjoy yourself. Good luck with your collecting and if you require any help or information there are a number of people who will be only to glad to help you out.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Welcome aboard, Tony. Glad you found us. You got the start of a great DVD collection. That's the fun of being a collector of Duke movies...he made so many of them, that you can collect for a long time :wink_smile:. Hope to hear more from you in the near future. Jump right in!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• hi taipan aka tony

glad to see another aussie has come aboard to chat and learn about the duke. i am also collecting the same set as you the books are a great read, and we are getting some of the movies which i havent seen in dvd before so heres hoping that all 46 of them include some of the ones that havent been released downunder yet.

again welcome to you and have fun

smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello Tony, looks like your off to a good start on the DVD's.

You have come to the right place to learn about the Duke, his life and his films. Hope to see you around.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Thank you all for the great welcome, it is much appreciated.
    I picked up Chisum yesterday and next fortnight it is The Shepard of the Hills.

I have not opened mine up as I want to keep them in collection condition so I have not
    read the magazine that come with the DVD. It tells about how the film was made and
    about the cast and the characters. I has interviews and pics galore.

I just love westerns, especially John Wayne westerns, and will continue to collect as
    many as I can.
    I have also picked up three Clint Eastwood DVD's (Kelly's Heroes, Honky Tonk Man and of course Dirty Harry)
    I am glad to be a part of a friendly group and I hope to be able to give some input at times as well.
    All the best to everyone.

Tony

• Let me give you a warm welcome also, Tony. This is a fun and informative place to be for information about Duke and a lot of other subjects, so come visit with us often. We're a friendly bunch.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:
    P.S. It looks like the Aussie contingent is growing by leaps and bounds!!!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"