help needed to find a movie title...

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,173 times. The latest Post () was by BILL OF PA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello..Can any experts help me find a specific John Wayne movie...I am a collector of Naval Bronze saluting cannons. and I remember seeing a clip, of a medium sized brass cannon on a Naval carriage by a campfire, I believe in the desert.. I think the cannon may have been the focus of the movie, because they were talking about it later....Does this ring a bell to anybody Thanks Alot

• Hello cannoncollector,

I'm sorry, but I don't know offhand the movie you mention. But I bet there is someone else here that will know. It's a pretty good group of people here who know their Duke stuff. :wink_smile:

But let me welcome you to the board and I hope once you find your answer, that you will stay and join in on the fun. Enjoy the board!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hello cannoncollector. Welcome to the site.

I too am trying to recall a movie that Duke made that centers around a canon and I cannot recall one. Maybe "The Alamo" is what you are thinking as they are using canon's to defend the Alamo. Do you recall the time the movie came out? That might help us narrow down the search.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello..Can any experts help me find a specific John Wayne movie...I am a collector of Naval Bronze saluting cannons. and I remember seeing a clip, of a medium sized brass cannon on a Naval carriage by a campfire, I believe in the desert.. I think the cannon may have been the focus of the movie, because they were talking about it later....Does this ring a bell to anybody Thanks Alot

There was also "The Horse Soldiers" that had a few canon scenes because of the Civil War backdrop. Do you remember if the movie had William Holden in it?

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• hello and welcome! i think this sounds more like a Charlton Heston movie caled Major Dundee where a small bronze cannon played a large part. hope this helps.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''