What are you listening to?

There are 381 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 131,862 times. The latest Post () was by wtrayah.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm listening to Troubadour by George Strait.

I never get tired of listening to George.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hello Bek, I just picked up George's new one as well. Classic country is the best. I also picked up Blake Shelton's new one, Pure BS. I like that song, "The more I drink".

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• If your into acoustic type stuff you should check out Dustin Kensrue. He's the lead singer from Thrice, a metal/punk band that does a fair share of screaming, but his solo cd is mostly him and a guitar and some really great singing. Its a short cd, maybe a half hour long, but I've listened to it ten times this week. I really love it

[SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]

• The Cowboy Song - Garth Brooks

I love this song, it describes how I think a cowboy should be, reminds me of Duke actually.

Just clicked over to,

Troubadour - George Strait.

I can't get enough of this album, George is a living legend, in every sense of the word.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kids are out of the house so its Big Band music without jeers from the peanut gallery

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I'm listening to The River by Garth Brooks.

I didn't have a very good day today, but listening to Garth never fails to cheer me up.
    Especially this song.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Right now- Simon and Garfunkel from their Tales from New York Cd--takes me back some. Recently - Jack Johnson -- Sleep through the Static one of the kids that is not bad and before that Jimmy Buffet who makes me smile, although I can't say I love every one of his songs. My country music is limited to 10 cassettes- M M Murphy W Nelson H Williams J Reeves P Cline G Brooks G Strait ( 2 ) B R Cyrus L Lovett.

• I don't know who sings it, but there is a song playing that goes,"talking about some shiftwork, a whole lot of shiftwork." Heh, I kinda like it.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Gt12pak,
    That's Shiftwork by Kenny Chesney & George Strait.

Speaking of Strait
    I'm listening to Carrying Your Love With Me by George Strait

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kenny ( Blues Boss ) Wayne ( no relation ) who provides some soft R @ B, and also some Honky Tonk and gives those 88s a workout.

• Gt12pak,
    That's Shiftwork by Kenny Chesney & George Strait.

Speaking of Strait
    I'm listening to Carrying Your Love With Me by George Strait

Thanks Bek. I just happen to be a fan of both those guys.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I just purchased a new cd for my dad and it fit's in nicely for the forum here.

Its called Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs by Marty Robbin's. Some memorable songs from the album are Big Iron and El Paso.

-John Wayne

• Tod, I remember that album, first time around!!
    I sure do like those gunfighter ballads.
    Incidently as a teenager,
    El Paso, was the very first record, that I actually
    purchased with my own money.
    Ah sweet memories!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Keith, I believe it came out in 1959. My dad was sure happy to get it. He has the vinyl 33 rpm LP and I remember listening to it when I was a kid. But he has no player to play it on. Plus now he can listen to it while in the car. I would recommend it to anyone here as it sure does conjure up some images of the old west while listening to it. I found mine on EBay for $9.00 plus $4.00 shipping.

-John Wayne

• Well, I was going through some of my website's that update info on artist's from the 80's rock and there was a segment on Billy Idol releasing a 2 disc set. So I went to his myspace page and low and behold there was a new song he has on the new album called John Wayne. Its not all that hard of a song and I actually really like it. Here is a link to his myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/billyidol Let me know what you think.

-John Wayne

Edited once, last by SXViper ().

• And he had this to say about John Wayne. Billy Idol sounds like a alright guy in my book.

Of his new song “John Wayne,” Idol says, “When I'm singing it, I'm thinking about the characters John Wayne played. They were usually men with a flaw in their character or something dark in their past they're trying to rise above before the end of the movie. So it's not about the kick-in-the-door John Wayne or the barroom fight John Wayne -- it's more the man who overcomes.”

-John Wayne